Bader Personal Accounts - They're Here!

I wouldn’t advocate the wholesale issuing of licensed accounts to Staff Cadets, but why does it appear based on what’s been said here that at least in places if not overall they can’t be requested when a staff cadet takes on a role that comes with an inbox?

2 Likes

Are you a new member of staff? If so, it might be that the account hasn’t had the licence added onto it yet.

If you’re not new, check you’ve not been suspended, as that would block your account like this!

Are you resetting via this link?

1 Like

Minor admin faff - it seems that annually a CFAV has to “re-sign” the Accts Form 009 (use of Private vehicles for auth’d RAFAC purposes) on Volunteer Portal.

(My Service → Agreements → withdraw current agreement for the form, then sign again).

Otherwise, any F1771 will get bounced!

(No automatic alert to do this - this would be handy to come to Bader Personal Accounts.)

It’s a very interesting one… why do we need to re-declare annually, surely if I have declared then that remains valid, why is it deemed to expire.

We aren’t questioning the old process which was to randomly request the paper form each year having made it digital.

I think what will happen is that it will auto withdraw after 12 months in a future release from digital, if this triggers an email notification would be TBC

The biggest issue is even if you go onto that page and have a look, it doesn’t say it’s out of date. I went on and it said signed in June 2022, and to me still looked valid. But I withdrew and re-signed anyway!

There seems to be an Announcement.

We really are trimming the fat:

If I’m going to have to log into the website separately to check my email, rather than having it come to my desktop then they can rest assured they’ll only get getting replies when I’m on parade.

3 Likes

This could mean one of two things. That the email will now only work when accessed via a website. Or that it won’t give us ‘free’ access to Outlook as an application, so if we already have outlook we can add the email still? Can we still add to Outlook mobile in either case?

If it’s the former, that is going to be a painful change indeed.

Also, where did you see this? Given it’s already April 24, this is news to me! (A search of Sharepoint only shows up a maildrop from GM Wing, no other announcement or post?)

Given that I basically only access my RAFAC emails via the mobile app (notifications turned off, I’m not a masochist), turning this functionality off will likely stop me from checking me emails frequently at all.

Once per week seems fair, right?

1 Like

Sounds like the same as our work licences, which we can use the mobile phone app no issues.

We just don’t have a desktop icon on our work computers, so you need to login online.

This is getting more and more common - and if you don’t have the App on your phone and tablet it’s no different to logging into SMS or Sharepoint, you would just click on the Mail option instead.

More and more companies are doing this as desktop use of programs are getting rarer.

It mentions Office 365 mobile, so I’m hopeful it’ll at least still work on Outlook mobile? It’ll still be a real kick in the teeth if it doesn’t work on the Outlook desktop app.

Also, going from 50GB to 2GB is going to shock some people. Especially those in WSO/RSO positions with significant amounts of email traffic containing attachments. Out of interest, where does the data stored within role accounts get allocated? If I’m adj, does the data in adj.123@ go towards my 2GB? We need to seriously start enforcing the no photos in email signature policy either way, as that is what takes up most of the space!

I think it is different. Those are things I go and actively check. With email, I want to be passively notified. Right now, I’m at work on my laptop, which has the outlook desktop app. On there I have 6 emails ranging from RAFAC, personal, and another volunteering role. I want a notification when I get an email. I don’t want to have to go checking.

2 Likes

I’ve not read the document yet; do those numbers relate to OneDrive or SharePoint?

EDIT: ignore me, seen above.

Just store on SharePoint instead. I don’t know why people still use OneDrive tbh

No clue, I’ve only seen what @Moist_Van_Lipwig quoted above.

1 Like

No, you could download Outlook desktop and add a free gmail or outlook account. But you can’t add a M365 mail account if it’s not licensed to use it.

This still works

I know two CFAVs who have a permanent out of office on which indicates the mailbox is only checked once a week when on parade and to “please bare this in mind before chasing for a response”

as far as I am aware, as volunteers i do not know of any policy, guidance or otherwise to suggest appropriate timings to react to emails.

Last month we had “last minute AEF opportunity - first to respond will get the places” an hour later there is a follow up email “places have been allocated to XX Sqn” - but of course I didn’t see either email until the following day!

On the bright side, this will improve my work, cadet, life balance as a quick glance at my emails won’t be possible.

1 Like

There’s always going to be stuff like this, where the staff who are free will see it first and their cadets will get the opportunity. Things like cadets pulling out of camps/courses and an email going out to fill the space on first come, first served.

oh absolutely - but my point being if most/everyone now finds it a little bit harder to stay in touch, these opportunities will always fall to the same Squadrons as it is the same staff who remain attached to their inbox

The same place, tbh.

I was talking to someone about how we’ve used MS forms for uniform ordering, and they said that they had seen something about losing access to forms.