Army & Sea Cadets Media teams smashing it again

Was one of my first thoughts about RAF Scampton before it was closed.

Keep the Reds there and the firefighting museum, move BBMF in turning the entire site into a heritage station. Then use the other areas as a cadet training centre.

We could have done some proper FISH & CHIPS training for once.

Which would have the added benefit of keeping it available to the MOD should it need reactivating in the future.

2 Likes

Is it because unlike the SCC the RAFAC is not funded as a charity, who can spend their money as hey like provided it is within the charity constitution.

1 Like

We can. Little Rissington would be Exhibit A.

They got their boat station, we got this:

1 Like

A (probably) second-hand building full of flight sims, plus archery and air rifle? yay.

1 Like

Full of things that, according to our activity matrix, we should only be doing on parade nights at the unit as we canā€™t claim transport costs or VA for any of theseā€¦

5 Likes

No space or cyber facilities? Hardly very Astra is it

3 Likes

Topic

One thing I think is great about the sea cadets is that paid vacancies are also listed on their website & similar with ACf/RFCA.

Itā€™s a pity something similar canā€™t be put on the public RAFAC website.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s another advantage of their charitable model, whereas RAFAC is bound by regular career management / FTRS / Civil Service recruitment rules.

2 Likes

Are these free / cheap anyone know ?

1 Like

Iā€™ll just leave this hereā€¦ā€¦obviously cleared through fleetā€¦ā€¦ :thinking:

ā€¦air related

ā€¦ and they can post on social media.

3 Likes

3 Likes

They are a charity therefore not part of the MoD but they are supported by the RN I believe,

Talk about rubbing salt into the wounds.

Air cadetsā€¦ā€¦hereā€™s what you could have won!

5 Likes

Part 2?

3 Likes

Volunteer - See Our Available Volunteer Roles - Sea Cadets.

Just leaving this here

3 Likes

Thereā€™s lots of RM Cadet posts about fieldcraft on Facebook too

1 Like