Appointment of Senior Volunteer Advisor

I’m a Wg Cdr and nobody told me

But I actually think it’s a really good idea none the less.

I suspect it was only open to ATC people, which is another issue to be resolved if I’m correct, but it’s still a fantastic step.

2 Likes

I’m assuming that if they wanted a CCF Wing Commander it would’ve been Wing Commander CCF?

He’s FTRS not CFAV though. But that may have been a problem appointing a Group Captain from the CCF who would sit under a Wing Commander

Is he basically the version of our RC?

1 Like

Yeah, he should be a Group Captain anyway really.

3 Likes

I just want to say I am really happy to see the commandant engaging with comments on Facebook. Not the HQAC page replying, but him replying to the comments. Awesome stuff! Some good questions and equally good answers.

8 Likes

I don’t disagree with your sentiment, but there is at least one current OC Wg who applied when they were still a Flt Lt (i.e. wasn’t even a Sector Commander), and, at interview, was deemed to be the most suitable candidate and so was promoted directly to Wg Cdr - so there is precedent for roles to be advertised more widely than we might expect and for relatively unexpected candidates to end up with it

1 Like

I would assume that that varies based upon the person (Regional Commandant) making the appointment. Certainly all of the adverts I have sen in the last 18 months have specified that the applicant needs to be a Sqn Ldr.

This has been discussed… but ironically he’s not the duty holder, so they didn’t think it was appropriate, despite there being Sqn Ldr duty holders in CCFs…

Just out of interest, who is the ODH for the CCF DDH’s?

GOC Reg Comd (2*)

Given the appt, its about time Head of the CCF was made Gp Capt…

2 Likes

Has anyone seen how long the tour of this appointment is?

Although I totally agree that CCF should have equal representation on the Command Board, would that cost them money? Also is it CCF that want them to be a Wing Commander? Would it affect the structure of the CCF as a whole?

1 Like

Make 1 ccf a gp Capt, they would all want it…
They’ve got enough Wg cdrs and Sqn ldrs as it is!

Nope, Ive asked this on here at start of thread.
Seems all very hush hush on the Terms of appointment.
Strange… as every other volunteer post in the RAFAC has such a thing in ACP 20 etc.

1 Like

I assume @daws1159 means that it might upset the Army/RAF/RN balance depending on what rank their senior person is at.

Just do it on a rotating appointment basis. Or whatever. Or just make all of the equivalents the same rank at OF6.

I really dont see it as a big issue that head of CCF is a Wg cdr.

Again all comes down to this weird obsession RAFAC people have with the ‘perfect heiracical pyramid’.

1 Like

Guess it’s just about equivalence with the ATC part of the organisation.