All activities 18-20 of Feb suspended

Per ardua ad no fun

4 Likes

“Venture? No venture”

6 Likes

“Venture Inside”

(but only if it’s dry, overcast, 12-15C, and breezeless)

6 Likes

Still like my ‘mitigate deteriorate’

I live in the red area and I just got a message from the Local authority. All Council run buildings will be closed tomorrow. All on-street refuse collection and kerb side recycling will be postponed to SATURDAY.

1 Like

3 Likes

I live in an Amber area. Our LA has posted a picture of how to stack your recycling so it doesn’t end up in Norway.

4 Likes

This organisation makes some odd decisions but this one really has to be the craziest I’ve seen I think. The amount of events being cancelled because of it. People’s time off work being ‘wasted’. Money for pre-booked activities being thrown down the drain. Etc.

Crazy.

15 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if CAC thinks everyone will see this as a great example of how we should abandon activities in the event of harsh conditions in the same vein as, and following the example of our sea going Ambassador?

3 Likes

So is this the way forward for all storms? This would be easier rather than as and when HQAC think
What about when it gets a bit snowy/icy?
This is the bubble wrap mentality gone mad.

What happened to OC discretion?

What’s happening on Saturday and Sunday, have HQAC got a crystal ball?

3 Likes

Slightly facetious comment but as the broadcast message said all air cadet activity is to stop - does this apply to overseas Sqns as well?

I bet Gibraltar Sqn is happy.

Yes. And you were beaten to it; All activities 18-20 of Feb suspended - #22 by Turbo

1 Like

Ah thank you! Been out & about with pants phone signal so missed that one !

Does it include online training? Anyone know?

The original email said “all activities”, the fb post only says f2f.

At least I can put off answering my emails till Monday now. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

At least we can all look on the bright side.

At least the announcement was announced by email before social media.

6 Likes

But it was announced differently on the two platforms.

1 Like