All activities 18-20 of Feb suspended

Just a heads up for those that haven’t seen the announcement.

all RAFAC activities (including parade nights, courses, outdoor events etc.) planned for the period 18-20 Feb 22 are to be suspended

Watch out for that weather folks.

Why 3 days, even though only a yellow warning for North England and Scotland?

No warnings at all for North Scotland Wing.

Kneejerk much.

4 Likes

Not normally one for saying things like this, but yesterday’s amber warning for Scotland and North England didn’t trigger any response.

1 Like

Wait, does this include my first aid course inside?

According to the announcement, yes.

It includes literally everything. Parade nights, courses, the lot. For the whole country. For some wind.

5 Likes

I can understand it in the wings covered by the red warning. But UK wide for 3 days is a bit extreme?

7 Likes

Also, why Saturday and Sunday too? There are 0 weather warnings in place for both those days…

3 Likes

FFS, i’ve been out of date since October 2020!

2 Likes

There’s my afternoon gone undoing an indoor weekend course that is nowhere near any Red/ Amber weather warning, which in any case are not in force on Saturday or Sunday.

What about cadets that are prepositioning for activities next week?

“I’ll huff and I’ll puff and close your course down”

© 2022 Giminion

31 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I might be premature here, but i think we’ve just had the quote of 2022!!!

1 Like

I’m just looking forward to seeing what dank_rafac and VRT_memes can make it this…

9 Likes

Oh damn… Hang on…

1 Like

Fixed it.

This is beyond idiotic.

Straw. Camel.

3 Likes

Exactly…ridiculous logic at play here. Understand reasoning if it is the area affected by a red warning…but the weather in the South West is going to be vastly different in Inverness?

Stolen meme, thank you to the person that shared it with me.

They clearly have no regard at all for how much effort people have put in to things happening this weekend. No consultation with anyone. Joke.

7 Likes

The reasons for going paperless are all the more clear now. It’s not to save money, it’s to prevent papercuts.

14 Likes