ACP 1358 - New Dress Regs

Never mind the berets - officers may no longer carry swagger sticks!

2 Likes

Agreed!!!

My SD hat was special measure. #humblebrag

And now you have no option but to wear it…

Topk them a year to figure out that the beret is more practical, even stamping out progress is getting slower in our forward thinking organisation lol

1 Like

Unless they’re on photography duties - which is actually more likely for officers in RAFAC than the RAF.

3 Likes

Found the loophole @Batfink !

Every phone has a camera these days - just say you are the designated shutterbug and the beret is yours!

10 Likes

It was, but don’t start letting the truth get in the way of an accidental good idea :slight_smile:

Not just deviants but us who arent blessed with height, my view of cadets is their chest/neck :laughing:

Interestingly, when the ATC was first formed in ‘41 all VR(T) officers were expressly forbidden from wearing the SD cap. Field Service Cap (Chip Bag) was the order of the day.

MB

3 Likes

DO you still fly now, or did you give all that up?

Accidentally…?

Was discussed. Isn’t happening.

1 Like

Couldn’t begin to afford it now, so no.

1 Like

I am surprised that the rules state that a tie must be worn with a jumper I have seen many examples of individuals wearing a jumper with no tie or a blouse with a jumper. I am sure the RAF allow that dress so I am not sure why we can’t allow it.

1 Like

I think it also varied with the type of jumper

Round neck - no tie
V Neck - must wear tie

Fixed it
PDT_Xtremez_18

4 Likes

I still don’t get why long sleeve shirt with no tie isn’t acceptable. It’s no less smart than a short sleeve shirt without tie. Such a bizarre anachronism.

It did officially change during the era of round-necked jumpers so it was permitted; then when the V neck came back in (yuck) the rule was changed. I guess COS last read the rules way back. Anyway with his background, rules are for the obedience of fools…

I think each COS changes the rules to their personal preference:)