ACP 1358 - New Dress Regs

@Baldrick - #hero

You need to get this recorded on Teams, uploaded to Ultilearn and get it listed as mandatory training. Probably the first useful mandatory training course out there.

2 Likes

Second is how to convert them to winter mode.

3 Likes

Maybe the conference should produce a memorandum of what was discussed so that we can indeed focus on the content not the photos?

6 Likes

I believe the plan is indeed to produce a record of decisions. But that’s not a question for me, since I’m not WO RAFAC.

Frankly though, there will always be some uninformed grumpy knobs complaining about photos, no matter what good work is done.
The amount of comments from people complaining about ‘shirt and jersey without a tie’ just proves how little these people actually know. There isn’t a single person in that photo wearing a shirt / jersey combination incorrectly.
The hell with those grumpy knobs. Smartarses who are not so smart it seems.

1 Like

Indeed. Sadly, many tailors don’t even make them so that they can be used in cold weather mode any more.
I go the extra mile and all mine can be worn that way :wink:

2 Likes

I’m just saying it’s hard to focus on anything other than a poorly advised photograph, if all you put out about your conference is a poorly advised photograph…

5 Likes

I don’t disagree, but again… That’s nothing to do with me.
If it were me, I wouldn’t even bother with a ‘formal’ photograph.

3 Likes

That’s alright, neither did they :wink:

I see what you did there… :laughing:

I’m going to continue wearing my beret as I look an utter and complete twonk in the SD cap.

What good work was done?
I dont doubt some was… but us lowly scum have no idea what.

6 Likes

Amusingly, that means WO RAFAC (HQ) can wear a beret but her region/wing minions can’t.

Separately, why do WWO/RWOs feel the need to have a separate rule for them about hats? It’s a bit like Sqns who insist their Cdt NCOs turn up in 2/2A every night when the rest of the cadets are in 2C.

The way you should recognise leaders is via their high standards, manner and experience. If you can’t work it out from that, they have rank slides. We don’t let Flt Lts at region/wing wear different things to Sqns.

I read this as they can wear any one of the of the 3: No1 Hat, beret or field service cap.

Why the change for officers in blues wearing berets? Some folks are just more comfortable in berets. They will still need one for MTP use anyway!

2 Likes

Not that they shouldn’t have a beret…

It reflects the parent service where officers, with the exception of the RAF regiment, can not wear berets with No2 dress

1 Like

Only deviant Officers would want to wear a beret in blues.

3 Likes

Always choose the most ridiculous head wear you can get away with in a given situation.

If we’re going to be archaic and insist on hats, might as well be a silly one.

12 Likes

I thought the Officer beret thing in the last ver was a misprint/error anyway as it was contradicted in the No2 dress description anyway

Looked like a cut and paste error

1 Like

I disagree. When you’ve made a lifestyle choice like this…
images
… it’s less about what you want to wear, and more about how much friction is on offer.

I can only balance an SD cap aloft my mighty noggin.

To misquote @Baldrick, I have nothing there to “Brylcreem up” to offer added traction for my Field service cap - in fact, by Brylcreeming a baldy, it is closer to lube!

Yet the humble beret offers an inherent level of traction not seen in other headwear.

By denying me this option, you’re denying me a right to warm my lid.

6 Likes

I would ask if you’re my OC with a Swede the size of a planet that’s follically challenged… But he just wears his XL SD hat instead.

Officers don’t wear berets! Most unbecoming :face_with_monocle:

1 Like