ACP 1358 - New Dress Regs

Better not ever see it again now. You lot made your bed.

1 Like

Para 0420 - Legacy cadet flying badge transition to be complete by end of March this year when its anticipated cadets will have either aged out of gained new style badges - Loads won’t have so like will they take the old ones off and replace with new?

Para 0443 - Why is the Prelimanary Flight Badge listed when it can only be worn by UAS pilots - Does it like mean a UAS student who is also an Air Cadet (think this is possible), can wear these wings?

I spy a parachute badge; thought we weren’t allowed to do that z🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

They’ve left out the L/Cpl rank slide for the CCF as well.

3 Likes

Yes I think that’s the intention. (They could also be CFAV I guess? Or would they have to be SI?)

My old wing commander kept cutting round with that preliminary badge on.

Only bod I’ve ever seen wearing one.

0117 incorrectly refers to St Johns Ambulance Brigade.

I think its because if earnt in the past, it can be worn by the individual if they go into uniform.

… maybe its because the badge will be repurposed to other things?

If there are so many errors…

Was this even proof read?

Why doesnt HQAC use its highly knowlesgable CFAvs enmasse to ‘crowd check’ things like this.

Oh…yeah… because they dont trust us.

4 Likes

I see the daft rule is still included stating staff need to stick on a tie if we want to add a jersey in 2B. Chief of Staff obviously doesn’t agree. Can we collectively vote to scrap that?

MB

8 Likes

I wore mine on the UAS.

When I then joined the RAF, the PFB went into a box. Where it stays.

I’m only bitter that I got no branch badge when I was in so can’t wear that now :joy:

Because it would turn into a bun fight with every CFAV throwing in their two penith.

If they keep it to just HQ staff they can avoid the headache of everyone arguing for the same amount of flak they get for changing things.

1 Like

How about just WWOs then? Or a selected number of willing volunteers rather than an en-mass request for proof checking.

2 Likes

I for one am glad we’re focusing on the decisions of the senior WOs over the way they were dressed.

Having seen the results of said work, the pictures make sense!

1 Like

Why are we (ACP1358) still talking of differenced male/female policy regarding ear jewellery and nail varnish.

OK for females not allowed for males. Is that not against ACP4???

2 Likes

I’m told that the WO Conference spent 2 hours “re-writing the dress regs to make them gender neutral and inclusive” but this version of ACP1358 is dated from December, so I’d guess we’ll see an update soon (lol)

1 Like

Why was this version even produced then? What’s the benefit to it being released now in its current state? Just to stop @baldrick wearing his beret?

4 Likes

han-solo-star-wars

1 Like

It’s alright, I’m just going to go back to wearing my field service cap touching my eyebrows and leaned so far over to the right only brylcreem is holding it on.

As God intended.

22 Likes

That’s definitely not what happened at the main conference. One of the working groups spent some time discussing the male and female chapters with an eye to making them gender neutral in the future (which is absolutely the intention) but nothing was re-written on Saturday. It was all to provide groundwork for the future.
I don’t know what the RWOs get up to on Sunday, but I’d be surprised if they had time in a half day to spend two hours rewriting the dress regs, along with everything else they had to do.