ACC Foodies - What are you Eating and Drinking?

Posh lunchables for lunch

Chicken Ruby & Elephant Ear Naan from Dishoom cookbook. Omnomnom.

Better than Christmas dinner.

Went to dishoom in july :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

We’ve done Tapas for Christmas Eve!

1 Like

Local Chinese takeaway for Hot and Sour Soup and Singapore Vermicelli…delicious. Tomorrow, lunch for a change at an Indian restaurant and dips and cheeses etc in the evening.

Boxing day breakfast will be bacon and egg butties prior to leaving for the airport for a flight to Jersey until after the New Year.

Home made leek and potato soup. With homegrown spuds and leaks. The only ingredients in it NOT home grown is the crispy bacon bits, the salt and the pepper. And that’s only because we can’t farm salt and pepper here - and farming pigs is for mugs.

3 Likes

Went to a sports bar in minneapolis last night had so many wings…was incredible

2 Likes

Go down to the sea, bring back lots of sea water, then evaporate. Tah dah! Now you home grown salt, probably with a side of raw sewage knowing how bad our coasts are recently…

I was thinking more Salt Mining rather than desalination residue - as you say, if sea salt was the only residue in the desalination process, it probably wouldn’t be too bad - but “sea salt a la turd on a bed of wet wipe with a side of fatberg” doesn’t sound quite as appetising!

I’ve eaten worse in the mess…

1 Like

Quite possible my favourite cocktail … Hendricks Bramble

2 Likes

Tonight is my third Burns Night dinner in a row, this time at home. Accompanied with a nice Glenmorangie Lasanta.

1 Like

Homegrown steak and leek stew - on homemade sourdough bread.

4 Likes

Your cows and your wheat? :open_mouth:

Sadly not. Home grown beef and leeks. The ingredients for sourdough were bought, but made at home. Using our new pet project, Sid, the bubbly farty sourdough fermentation.

Called Sid because the sounds and smells are vicious?

This is brilliant. :sweat_smile:

I’ve done soup tonight:

Carrot, garlic and parsley. Topped with some halloumi (and black pepper!) and some garlic and parsley flatbread for dipping!

2 Likes

Pheasant… LOTS of pheasant…

2 Likes

92… plus 4 ducks!

1 Like