ACC Foodies - What are you Eating and Drinking?

Last minute flight from Biggin Hill to Sligo this evening.

Can’t overnight in Ireland without sampling a couple of these

Couple of these for dessert too!

Flying home commercially tomorrow, my colleagues at Heathrow ATC have already warned me of flow restrictions on arrivals due to the fog :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can confirm. Lots of freezing fog hanging around on my drive into work this morning!

Doesn’t look like much, but caramelised some onions for burgers tonight.

3 Likes

Slightly overdid it.

But not bad for a first attempt.

Yeah something ive never been able to do

Cooked for a little too long with a bit too much sugar

I’ll be doing the same after Doctor Who

1 Like

Griddled honey yellow bean pork with chilli & garlic Pak choi.

Homemade Chinese food is amazing.

6 Likes

Cheeky Nandos for tea

3 Likes

Delicious!

3 Likes

Dinner tonight is Spanish chicken and rice. Made entirely by the nine year old. Actually quite tasty

2 Likes

Was given permission by the ministry of home affairs to open the big box next to the Christmas tree a bit early…

A fantastic bean to cup coffee machine!

All set up with timers to come on in the morning and everything… that’ll keep me caffeinated on the way to work and on the way to early cadet activities (last few times my usual coffee spot wasn’t open early enough on a Sunday!)

Very happy indeed!

2 Likes

Excellent to get them cooking young. My husband is crap at cooking, but there’s really no excuse! Start them young and they’ll always eat well.

1 Like

I’m crap at cooking though have been learning. Other than reheating frozen nuggets and chips from the freezer, the only thing my parents really cooked were stir fry and tuna pasta bake so there just wasn’t that example growing up.

I don’t want the kids growing up on a diet of fast food and takeaways like I did so massively encouraging them to cook, even if deep down I hate cooking (except for curries from scratch - if I have to get the pestle and mortar out that’s my happy place).

1 Like

It’s really important; even if they just have a set of 5 or 6 healthy meals they can have as their “go-to”.

And from there they can branch out.

I’m quite a simple eater, but enjoy cooking when I have time (I hate it in the week!) - this weekend has been a really nice beef stew made with ale and my favourite veg…

Lunch I made a really simple creamy garlic mushroom recipe and then made home made beef wellingtons. A total faff but really worth it.

It’s great when you have the time!

Midweek it’s misery though!

1 Like

My parents didn’t cook much growing much either, everything I’ve learnt about cooking has been from the missus since we got married.

I can follow recipes but have the conceptual ability of a goldfish, so meal prep is a real struggle for me.
But I’m trying too cook a little more now due date is creeping closer. I’ll be attempting Christmas dinner for the second time in my life.

4 Likes

Timings and oven space are key on that one :grinning: you’ll smash it.

And that doesn’t include MREs x 3.

Yeah I’m a recipe guy, I didn’t really start cooking until I moved in with my now wife, but I absolutely love it.

My younger brother was an RAF Chef and to be honest part of me wishes I had gone the same route, not the RAF part (my asthma prevented me from going to Sandhurst), but if I were to do something else with my career that would probably be it.

1 Like

Just made some Gravlax for Jul tomorrow.

I say just made, it’s been taking up an entire shelf in the fridge for two days.

Turned out bloody lovely.

2 Likes