AAAAAAAHHHHH! What is the latest version number for AP1358c PLEASE! (and have you got a copy)

ORDER OF DRESS - No 2B (SHORT SLEEVED) ROUTINE WORKING DRESS – MALE – NOT TO BE WORN BY CADETS
Short Description and
Occasions for Wear
Authorised Uniform Items
Notes
No 2B – (Short Sleeved)
Routine Working Dress
(No 2B SD)
No 2B SD is a
short sleeve dress mode.
Unless otherwise ordered,
can be worn indoors and
outdoors all year round.
Hat: No 1 SD for officers and RWO / WWOs (Note 1 & 2). Beret for other ranks.
Shirt: Issue short sleeve wedgwood blue shirt (Note 3).
Trousers: No 2 SD.
Belt: Blue/grey issue or optional Stable Belt.
Shoes: Black issue, highly polished oxfords or DMS for
officers and WO (ATC), DMS for other ranks.
Socks: Black issue.
Jacket: Issue blue Jeltex rain jacket. (Note 5)
Gloves: Brown leather for officers and WO (ATC), black leather issue for other ranks (Note 6).

1. Officers may wear optional forage cap.
  2. Optional No1 SD hat and forage cap for WO / SNCO (ATC).
  3. A tie is never worn with the short sleeve
    shirt.
  4. A Jersey is not to be worn as part of No.2B SD.
  5. The General Purpose Jacket is optional for Officers & WO/ SNCO (ATC). Only the jeltex jacket can be worn by cadets. For inclement weather, if worn, the jacket zip slider is to be zipped up to at least 10cm from the top zip stop.
  6. Optional for inclement weather. Gloves
    can only be worn with outerwear.

That’s better
Old School me - Jumper means tie
Especially WOs etc doing their drill/discip bit - does not look military but as though they should be in the snug of the local pub

V.1.06 is out!

Where is it then? It’s not on Ultilearn that I can see.

Having trouble attaching the file on here, but I managed to obtain it somehow… Ultilearn shows a previous version I believe, though

I’m fairly sure that version has been around a while.

Yeah, it has. But it seems that v 1.04 lurks around mostly

v1.06 is dated 03 Jul 14 and has been available on Ultilearn since its release.
This is a direct link to the document on Ultilearn.
This is the prime location for the current version of the ACO Dress Regs. It is available publicly - no login required.

Copies of this or previous versions may have been made available by some individuals but they should not be considered to be reliable and should be ignored. If anyone reading this has a copy uploaded, they ought to remove it and reference the ultilearn link instead.

v1.07 is in production and should be released fairly soon - . when it is, it will be accessible using the same link as above.

If even half of the rumours about 1.07 are true it’s going to be almost entirely red.

Things that have been rumoured:

Embroidered VRT badges on rank slides
Procedure for wearing whatever badges you fancy on No.3
Female staff being allowed to wear jumpers without ties (and only females)
Removal of Regiment flashes for staff
New badges generally

Any others people have heard of?

[quote=“incubus” post=23375]v1.06 is dated 03 Jul 14 and has been available on Ultilearn since its release.
This is a direct link to the document on Ultilearn.[/quote]And worth noting that shortcut is also hosted on Sharepoint, which means that it’s also easy to find!

[quote=“Baldrick” post=23376]If even half of the rumours about 1.07 are true it’s going to be almost entirely red.

Things that have been rumoured:

Embroidered VRT badges on rank slides
Procedure for wearing whatever badges you fancy on No.3
Female staff being allowed to wear jumpers without ties (and only females)
Removal of Regiment flashes for staff
New badges generally

Any others people have heard of?[/quote]
I wonder if female officers will be allowed to wear greatcoats?

Ah, yes. the Greatcoat. Interestingly the ‘Greatcoat’ pictured in AP1358C is not actually a Greatcoat anymore. It was an original Gieves Greatcoat which was converted into an ‘Officer’s Warm’ it’s been cut down in length and the buttons changed. However, I’d never appreciated that the option is absent from the female version of the page.

Interestingly, the page with the Greatcoat picture has a pictiure of a Jeltex captioned as an MVP jacket.

Can staff not already wear jumpers without ties or… Could you clarify this for me? O.o

Since the change to v1.06, a Wedgwood shirt under a jersey will be worn with a tie.

Specifically, the long-sleeved Wedgwood shirt is always worn with a tie, whether worn with a jersey or without.
The short-sleeved Wedgwood shirt is never worn with a tie and now cannot be worn with a jersey either.

Since the change to v1.06, a Wedgwood shirt under a jersey will be worn with a tie.

Specifically, the long-sleeved Wedgwood shirt is always worn with a tie, whether worn with a jersey or without.
The short-sleeved Wedgwood shirt is never worn with a tie and now cannot be worn with a jersey either.[/quote]
Although of course if you wore it under a jumper with a tie, no one would be able to tell the difference.

Shhh!

Ohhhh, okay that makes sense! So they’re thinking about allowing without the tie? O.o

No - we used to allow that but then the RAF decided it was too scruffy and changed their regs, causing us to scrabble behind and change ours.

No - we used to allow that but then the RAF decided it was too scruffy and changed their regs, causing us to scrabble behind and change ours.[/quote]

That’s just a rumour been put around to calm down lazy people who hate the last change. (Give them hope it will change and they will follow?)

That’s being adaptable and flexible and being able to adjust swiftly to the situation.

…God help us all…

BTW…can I wear trousers and just a tie with no shirt or jumper? :silly: