AAAAAAAHHHHH! What is the latest version number for AP1358c PLEASE! (and have you got a copy)

[quote=“ddr61” post=23403]…God help us all…
BTW…can I wear trousers and just a tie with no shirt or jumper? :silly:[/quote]
No, but you can wear a jersey and tie with no shirt or trousers

No - we used to allow that but then the RAF decided it was too scruffy and changed their regs, causing us to scrabble behind and change ours.[/quote]

That’s just a rumour been put around to calm down lazy people who hate the last change. (Give them hope it will change and they will follow?)[/quote]How does not liking that change make one lazy?

[quote=“Baldrick” post=23376]If even half of the rumours about 1.07 are true it’s going to be almost entirely red.

Things that have been rumoured:

Embroidered VRT badges on rank slides[/quote]

Really? Would this be for all dress, or just 3’s and Growbags?

If it’s all dress then maybe it’s time to bring the ‘T’ next to the ‘VR’, rather than under it?

How about doing that, but putting the T in the middle, changing the R to a C and swapping an A for the V?

…makes perfect sense…

Is this a good time to ask about what badges we stick on the MTP ( for us mere mortal SNCO types :popcorn:

No - we used to allow that but then the RAF decided it was too scruffy and changed their regs, causing us to scrabble behind and change ours.[/quote]

That’s just a rumour been put around to calm down lazy people who hate the last change. (Give them hope it will change and they will follow?)[/quote]How does not liking that change make one lazy?[/quote]

Simple, they’re just not wearing ties.

Previously one could wear a short-sleeved shirt and when it got a bit nippy, put a jumper on.

Technically, if you follow the rules precisely then you can no longer do that which seems very silly. How is wearing a jumper over a shirt with no tie less smart than wearing just a shirt with no tie? It’s a silly rule.

[quote=“MattB” post=23417]Previously one could wear a short-sleeved shirt and when it got a bit nippy, put a jumper on.

Technically, if you follow the rules precisely then you can no longer do that which seems very silly. How is wearing a jumper over a shirt with no tie less smart than wearing just a shirt with no tie? It’s a silly rule.[/quote]

Brought to you by SNCO’s with nothing better to do!

[quote=“MattB” post=23417]Previously one could wear a short-sleeved shirt and when it got a bit nippy, put a jumper on.

Technically, if you follow the rules precisely then you can no longer do that which seems very silly. How is wearing a jumper over a shirt with no tie less smart than wearing just a shirt with no tie? It’s a silly rule.[/quote]

Very, considering that nearly everyone at Brize is either wearing tie and jumper or GPJ and short sleeves. So now we have two extremes and no middle ground.

How about doing that, but putting the T in the middle, changing the R to a C and swapping an A for the V?[/quote]

I don’t see your point?

v1.07 Released this afternoon on SharePoint
https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/QM/APs/AP 1358C.pdf

It doesn’t seem to have made it to Ultilearn yet - hopefully soon.

An interesting change that says when CIs are wearing CS95 for Range Periods or SAAI courses, they must also wear the cadet beret and beret badge…

Brings it into line with Nijmegen I guess.

Anyone know what the rationale for no longer allowing the wearing of brown boots with CS95 is? And will the ACO be providing me with either a nice pair of black boots or a full MTP uniform so that I can continue to be within regs? Because I’m not bloody paying for it.

I’ve spotted one error - apparently for No 2 uniform Officers are to wear a Blue Composite Braid (Mounted on a
wedgewood blue colour slide where required)

you were never allowed to wear brown with CS95…

Au Contraire.

[quote= “old AP1358C”]0222. [color=#0000ff]CS95 [/color]Authorised Ensemble. When authorised to wear and except where a specific order of dress has been prescribed through the OC Wg / Wg Ex O / Sqn Ldr CCF HQAC, only the approved CS95 ensemble, as detailed below, is to be worn. Appropriate RAFVR(T) or ATC Insignia must be worn at all times.

Other items of operational clothing issued for specific operations outside the UK are not to be worn in the UK. Illustrations and relevant orders of dress are detailed at the end of this section. CS95 ensemble comprises :

a. Head-dress. The service issue beret is the only head-dress to be worn, with appropriate hat badge by all ranks.

b. DPM Field Jacket. No shoulder epaulettes. The front rank epaulette is to display Blue rank slides for NCOs and Blue Composite Braid (mounted on an appropriate colour background where required) for Officers, including the appropriate VRT – ATC insignia as issued.

c. DPM Lightweight Combat Suit (L/W Jacket & Trousers). No shoulder epaulettes, blue rank slides only are worn on the front rank epaulette.

d. T-Shirt. All year round wear under garment of an appropriate colour (Olive Green, Brown or Black). Unit insignia should not be visible.

e. OG Norwegian Shirt. Under garment for cold conditions. (Not MTP)

f. Fleece Liner (OG/DPM). Cold conditions undergarment, or suitable mid layer, not to be worn as outer layer.

g. DPM Moisture Vapour Permeable (MVP) Suit. Lightweight Gortex waterproof jacket and trousers.

h. Gloves. Black gloves, appropriate to the task.

i. Boots. Black or [color=#0000ff]Brown[/color] combat style boot.[/quote]

:huh: guess a typical copy/paste because on page 45 V1.06 which gives details and notes it says Black - no mention of Brown…

Nonetheless, it was previously allowed - if they didn’t mean to allow it then it’s not my problem!

WAS THAT IT?!

The most important change seems to be (re)renaming forage caps as Field Service Caps.

There are lots of bits about bands.
Oh, and the word “annodised” appears a lot now, despite there being no such word :blink: