AAAAAAAHHHHH! What is the latest version number for AP1358c PLEASE! (and have you got a copy)

[quote=“Baldrick” post=19590][quote=“MattB” post=19589]No.

No 2 now must be worn with a tie, and No 2B may no longer be worn with a jersey - so you can’t wear a jumper without a tie (or with a short-sleeved shirt at all).[/quote]

Ok, but surely people will only know you’re wearing a short sleeved shirt if you break the 11th commandment? (Thou shalt not get caught.)

This does seem a little pedantic, I’d love to know the rationale behind it.[/quote]Well they will unless you wear a tie!

What’s AP1358’s view on short sleeved shirts and jumpers?

No mention of a jumper at all in 2B in AP1358.

So it would appear that it’s RAF insanity and not HQAC?

[quote=“MattB” post=19594][quote=“Baldrick” post=19590][quote=“MattB” post=19589]No.

No 2 now must be worn with a tie, and No 2B may no longer be worn with a jersey - so you can’t wear a jumper without a tie (or with a short-sleeved shirt at all).[/quote]

Ok, but surely people will only know you’re wearing a short sleeved shirt if you break the 11th commandment? (Thou shalt not get caught.)

This does seem a little pedantic, I’d love to know the rationale behind it.[/quote]Well they will unless you wear a tie!

What’s AP1358’s view on short sleeved shirts and jumpers?[/quote]

Yeah, so always have a tie with you. It doesn’t really bother me, I find the uniform shirts quite comfortable with ties as I don’t have to wear collar studs like at work

Doesn’t bother me either as I never wear a jumper.

But I still think it’s silly.

Whats wrong with Cadets having access to sharepoint?

[quote=“Baldrick” post=19126]

I have said this before elsehwere. It’s on Ulitlearn for a reason. That way we can ALL, (and yes I mean ALL.) access it from one place. Staff and CADETS.
Ulitlearn is used so that cadets can access the dress regs, they have to abide by them so they should all have access to them, If the cadets know exaxtly what their rights and responsibilities are we will have less little dress reg empires to deal with.
Rant over.[/quote]

Whats wrong with Cadets having access to sharepoint?

You give all of your cadets the BADER login?

No not all cadets, but the NCO’s defineatly. SharePoint is a document store, Ultilearn is a online learning product. Very different things.

No not all cadets, but the NCO’s defineatly. SharePoint is a document store, Ultilearn is a online learning product. Very different things.[/quote]

i wouldn’t give mine access to Sharepoint. Then they’d have access to squadron emails as well.

No not all cadets, but the NCO’s defineatly. SharePoint is a document store, Ultilearn is a online learning product. Very different things.[/quote]
Have your Cdt NCO’s completed Protection of Information L0 or L1? If not, you might want to consider asking your WTO or WExO if they need to do it considering they’ll have access to controlled documents on Sharepoint.

Whats on the squadron emails that a cadet NCO couldn’t see?

As for protecting information, I know I had when I was there as a cadet, I can’t say for the current cadets though (been a while since I was there)

Why not? You can give them SMS accounts to log registers…

Whats on the squadron emails that a cadet NCO couldn’t see?

As for protecting information, I know I had when I was there as a cadet, I can’t say for the current cadets though (been a while since I was there)[/quote]

It’s what they might send out which worries me. And even that only helps a few of the very senior ones, whereas every cadet gets an ultilearn log in from day 1.

Train your NCOs properly? Protecting Information is only for CFAVs with access to personal data. Cadets don’t have access to personal data, assuming you’ve assigned them appropriate permissions & roles.

Because there’s no personal data on Sharepoint or Bader mail. Like staff phone numbers, contact emails and addresses?

I think I’ll keep mine off it thanks.

Consider the practical use case,

JNCOs - logging registers on SMS.
SNCOs - Occasional access to Sharepoint to get JIs, look up course dates, access ACPs which aren’t on Ultilearn. Occasionally send emails to other squadrons/staff regarding events/uniform requests. Access to SMS to create / sign off on AT activities where qualified.

All trained and supervised appropriately. How does it fit with the organisational aims? Sending formal emails in a DW style - useful for future service. Tick. Organisation and planning of activities where qualified - good skill. Tick. Development toward a future staff role and associated familiarity with ACO IT systems. Tick.

We recently got given some iPads for squadron. NCOs now log on to SMS, do register. Job done. They don’t have access to cadet personal data due to restrictions I have out on, but the CWO has done PI1 and will soon have access as Adjutant b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way, unless you give all of your cadets BADER access then they can’t all see the dress regs, which I think was Baldrick’s point.

I suppose it depends whether you consider the Johnny-come-lately which is Ultilearn as part of Bader, which I don’t: it’s logins are completely separate and access is not dependent on having the general squadron ago.local account credentials.