You know what really makes me laugh?

So if I want to go for a walk in the peaks, to carry and use my jetboil I need the prior written consent from the council?

You’ll need permission from the council to use a stove!

Yes.

As I say, I agree with what they are trying to stop, but it’s far to generic and means those of us not causing issues will inadvertently be breaking the law and could get fined.

I think there are exempt organisations (e.g. Scouts) but I can’t find where they are defined, so it might not be that straightforward.

In fairness, there are already, and have been for years, byelaws in place to restrict lighting of fires in the Peak District. The difference is they are relevant to access land - so if you’ve sparked up for a brew before you’ve been breaking the law.

1 Like

Section 6 gives exemptions. Youth groups not on there as far as I can see.

The schedule excludes licensed campsites. So you are fine if you cook on a campsite. Just not in some random field.

1 Like

Yeah. But now I can’t use my jet boil to boil up a brew. Even in a car park away from any risk of causing a fire.

2 Likes

Just looking into this a bit more. This doesn’t actually cover the whole of the National Park. Only the area of the National Park that falls within High Peak Borough. For example the whole of Stanage Edge appears to be outside the area. (assuming Google Maps overlay is correct. Looks like I can still have a brew after climbing :+1:

Not quite true - most of it is:

the northern part of the edge forms the border between the High Peak of Derbyshire and Sheffield

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanage_Edge

@Batfink

My free ‘Starter’ pack of Munzee’s arrived… no wonder you had difficulties finding them… stamp for size reference :rofl:

1 Like

Made me laugh :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

When your phone gets all passive aggressive about your meme usage…

So you dismiss the notification with a swift…
one-does-not-bvaenr

9 Likes

Getting ‘gold’ medal for smooth driving whilst out on a flying lesson today!

Need to keep this app open during more flying lessons to get money off my car insurance!

2 Likes

Got lost by Royston? :laughing:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: errrrr… Not me… student got Buntingford confused for Royston… Good opportunity to teach them about the wonderful people at D&D

Blimey - Royston is an easy town to make out from the air.

Too true. Never should be afraid of asking for their help.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s so hard keeping my mouth shut and seeing how they deal with it. Student thought he was too close to Biggleswade/Wind Turbines so turned an extra 15° right … and low and behold Buntingford was now in front of him. So confirmation bias took a hold, it couldn’t possibly be the Royston shaped town to his (now) left! :sweat_smile:

Ah the joys of being a flight instructor

1 Like

7 Likes

Whilst doing an average speed of 91mph :rofl:

1 Like

From our work internal chat…

7 Likes

12 Likes