You know what really makes me laugh?

I can laugh about it now;

Got a hire car for a work trip, no sat nav but there is android auto said the man.

I normally get in and spend a few minutes getting used to the car interior, checking lights, sorting mirrors etc. First issue, looking for a button to press before realising I need to put the key in the ignition! It’s new but it’s not that fancy :woman_facepalming:

Secondly, never used AA so sat in the car, keen to set it up and learn before having to drive at stupid o’clock, followed the instructions for AA and went to have a go at setting the nav up. Cue mild,.split second confusion when I pressed ‘nav’ and a list of familiar destinations came up including a different work site, my parents’ home and my parent station which caused my boyfriend to nearly laugh his head off, whilst it sunk in that the addressees were from my phone and not the car/hire company being incredibly creepy… :woman_facepalming::joy:

The car itself is brand new (<100 miles on the clock), so fingers crossed there isn’t anything dodgy with the manufacturing!

This being the credits card for Monsters University:

2 Likes

Probably one of the best running jokes in cinematic history.

1 Like

It took me longer to get than than I should admit

5 Likes

I don’t get it…

2 Likes

Mike is being hidden by the movie still playing in the corner, just like in every photo and magazine in the film where he’s covered by a sticker or something

2 Likes

Ahhhh yeah

1 Like

Making me laugh today. A dead fox cub on the doorstep this morning. In itself, not hilarious I admit.

However, the two cats sat proudly next to it trying to convince us it was their doing has made me chuckle.

The fox cub is the same size and weight as the two cats combined. Ain’t to way they tag teamed it, killed it and dragged the body to the door!!!

2 Likes

Just had the best spam call for ages.

A recorded message informing me that I am being prosecuted for tax evasion and an arrest warrant has been issued in my name. If I’d like this cancelled, please press 1 and enter my credit card details.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve had this one recently.

And another saying my National Insurance number has been fraudulently used on the west border of Wales. Sadly, I didn’t get around to asking how that was possible…

Coming home today police car and van that was getting 4 e-scooters put in the back and 3 blokes and woman stood by the car. Hopefully scooters getting taken to the crusher.
These bloody things are all over the place where I work now and the idiots on them seem to think they are more immune to hospital food than the average MAMIL on their bikes.

2 Likes

We have legal ones hireable here. I really like them, cheaper than the bus and I don’t have to wait for one to turn up.

I like them, but I also don’t hate cyclists so we were clearly never going to see eye-to-eye.

2 Likes

Problem is that the ones you can buy do 40mph, they are loved by the phone snatchers these days.

As well as meaning you have to navigate the problem of too fast for the sidewalks/too lethal for roads I just don’t see why you’d want to go that fast. Just make something that goes slightly faster than a manual kick scooter.

1 Like

The official ones are limited. Which can be a bit unnerving when they are on the road and think they aren’t and decide to be limited to the walking speed…

1 Like

2 Likes

Bought an Halfords roof box yesterday which is all branded up as Halfords own brand. Open it up and there’s a massive Thule sticker which start about £100 more expensive than what I bought the Halfords one for

2 Likes

Those stickers are dear

3 Likes

Happened years ago when child number too came along. Mrs Crazy had heart set on a double pram from Graco but couldn’t get one in time so resigned herself to Mothercare own brand which she thought looked similar but liked colours more and was about £150 less. Assembling it after delivery and all the parts that needed to be attached after were stamped Graco.

I did some work in the late 90s for a company called Tchibo, German but had a few shops in the south and were setting up mail order and there whole business model was find a decent product and have the manufacturer do a limited run and rebadge them. They had Sony do a stereo that was popular and less than half the high street price of the original.

1 Like