You know what really makes me laugh?

Delivering that while “things can only get better” drowned him out was funny

5 Likes

Some top tier bants

2 Likes

Steve Bray is such an idiot, it will be interesting to see if he still gets funded to be there (he’s pre-EU predominantly) once Starmer is PM.

3 Likes

I’m just concerned now about getting my postal voted sorted in time.

The only election Sunak has ever won has been a constituency one. Let’s help him maintain that record.

His sound system is excellent

Depends how long you’ve got to listen to it for.

He has had it seized a few times for being on Parliament Square, same for some his banners which he attached in the wrong place. Some of his banners now have a line on the bottom which says “Met Police pease stop seizing my banners” with the Met Logo.

My main issue with him is that as a paid activist he monopolises protest, he’s there all the time and you have people trying to have silent vigils or protest other causes while he is playing the theme to the Muppet Show for the Nth time.

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware that he was a paid activist. Does anyone know who’s funding him?

Not just the audio! Seen the video and he got drowned by the rain too. Didn’t they spend a couple million quid a few years ago outfitting an indoor media room? Why the hell don’t they use that instead of standing out in the rain?!

Probably scared to trigger the media’s collective PTSD from Covid days.

“Next slide please”

1 Like

Well, it’s simple really. They spent all day planning the announcement, all day failing to keep a lid on the news of the announcement, all afternoon doing the admin for the announcement, (recalling ministers, chatting to the king.) and not one of them thought it might not be a good idea to come up with a wet weather plan, or switch to the media centre.

Because they couldn’t run a bath, let alone a country.

3 Likes

How much prep time do you think they had?

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Riski Sunak heard the news yesterday about inflation falling to close to 2%, crapped the bed and decided now was the best time for a GE. Especially as it seemed to be a surprise to half of his own party.

1 Like

Because these things are traditionally done outside?

Inflation down, summer holidays likely to lower turnout (especially students who will all have gone travelling) probably the best bet he’s going to get anytime soon.

You think someone can afford to stand outside Downing Street 7 days a week and live in a flat nearby for free? It’s believed to be someone in the House of Lords but I have no idea who.

1 Like

They had all day, and their days start early too, and it’s not like it’s just a few people, it’s the seat of government, an noone thought to just have someone standing to one side holding an umbrella?

Someone hasn’t done their cold injury prevention training now have they.

2 Likes

I did mine. This month, now the temperature is consistently above 15C.

2 Likes

Don’t worry though, in the south west we’ve been told that thanks to the reorganisation (because we don’t have enough paid staff), those assigned to the “governance and assurance” team will be auditing every SMS activity to make sure staff and staff cadets attending have all their mandatory training in date and will cancel the activity or remove staff from it if they don’t.

Doesn’t that sound like a productive and supportive use of time. But they won’t tell us when it’s expiring, it’s down to individuals to know and check.

What a waste of resources. Doesn’t it make you feel valued and keen to volunteer?

Ah yes, a shoot first policy.

How conducive to a positive and collaborative environment.

2 Likes

That’s an insane ball lake & not pragmatic. Armed forces day or remembrance parades will kill it as they have to go through the list of every single person.

Maliciously compliance of loads of simultaneous events would stop it happening & the paid staff who are being required to do it will just walk.

2 Likes

Everything you’ve just said should be automated. Not got in date mandatory training? It should email or notify the AIC. Training expiring soon? Email or notify the person concerned.

The fact we are still doing so much manual stuff that could be automated is getting silly. A complete waste of both volunteer and CS time.

4 Likes

The headline will be fun in November:

“Air Cadets BANNED from Remembrance Parade over fire training row”