You know what really makes me laugh?

10x that is insane!!

I’ve got 4x plus 2 life covers but hoping to amalgamate those early this year.

Finish companies have good financial benefits as a rule of thumb

2 Likes

Unless you have a kayak and a ticket to Panama…

1 Like

MML, multiple of my guys thinking its a Bank Holiday today so have just not showed up… They all got a rather abrupt awakening when my boss and I phoned them!

Three of them were out last night so have had to use a day’s AL :laughing:

1 Like

get into the office this morning - no network.

most people are complaining about the lack of coffee machine though and having to make do with instant coffee instead!

I’d down tools at once!

1 Like

MML. Went to work today.

Discovered I’m on leave today - and tomorrow. I just forgot to put it in my diary.

Boss has sent me home but is crediting me a half day back for “showing effort above and beyond”. Double win.

5 Likes

most went to the tea option instead!

Got up, looked outside, told my students not to bother, went back to bed

I’d be the same. I don’t do instant ‘coffee’.

1 Like

I didn’t realise this was the “Overheard in Waitrose” thread.

1 Like

Managed to settle both my morning hearings in the advocates room. Now to go see what’s on at the cinema before my afternoon hearing.

1 Like

You Git. My trial is standing up, despite all my efforts to undermine it.

2 Likes

So, what % of lawyering is trying to avoid lawyering?

The more I learn or hear the higher my own estimate goes.

2 Likes

The less you have to do, the better for your client. Always good to reach a settlement out of court and avoid rolling the dice with a judge.

3 Likes

Guaranteed it’s a lower percentage than the amount of project management that is avoiding project management…

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: What are you listening to…?

Most of it to be honest.

Harvey Spektor always spoke of trials as a failure. The only cases that should really be going to trial are the truly balanced cases. I like this idea and try to avoid trials wherever possible.

Failed today though…

2 Likes

Trials only happen when either the Defendant or the CPS are being ridiculous in my experience. People who are stone bonkers going not-guilty or the CPS charging people with the wrong offence, when they would get a plea to an alternative charge with similar sentencing guidelines.

Some call the CPS as ‘Couldn’t prosecute Satan’.