You know what really makes me laugh?

Very tempted to bait them… but then i know ill be inundated with messages as theyll know its a “live” number.

Have you forwarded it to 7726?

Is that a reverse uno card?

Now that’s a meal deal I can get behind!

1 Like

Someones doing alright for themselves shopping in waitrose

2 Likes

Somebody goes in enough to recognise a Waitrose label from a photo! :wink:

4 Likes

Not my photo! I shop in Tesco :sweat_smile: I think you’ve outed your self there :wink:

1 Like

One of my customers :wink:

1 Like

spot the difference

1 Like

Spent the day on a JESIP course with the fire brigade and ambulance service.

Firstly the fact you can see which bits of the course came from which agency (it’s a Police briefing model and their are horrendous looking tabards which clearly came from Trumpton).

Secondly senior fire officer on our table talking at length about how much fat the brigade had on its bones compared to the rest of us (far too many Chiefs and even Indians, to the extent that even Grenfell never affected their ability to deliver business as usual), the facilitators then telling us we had lots to learn from the brigade, bloke on my table had his head in his hands.

1 Like

A brief scan of the inquiry report says otherwise - they diverted 999 calls away from their overwhelmed control room to several others, and overwhelmed them as well!

1 Like

They’ve had the ability to strike, although I suppose that hasn’t helped the NHS.

It’s far harder to paint them negatively compared to the police, and many probably wouldn’t have an opinion on the fire service beyond “it’s important”.

I’d consider as well that their main purpose is saving lives and property and cutting such a service is hard to justify. Majority of police work doesn’t revolve around saving lives.

The NHS theoretically can drop non urgent for life saving and has what can be touted as a massive budget (“we give them so much, it’s their fault if they fail”). But/so the NHS and police somehow take the reputation hit in public minds for their respective squeezes. I doubt the same would apply if fire started failing following a cut of 10,000 frontline staff.

The increase in calls caused by Grenfell?

That doesn’t mean service capacity to respond to unrelated calls with appliances was affected. If they still had enough trucks and staff available to respond to requirements elsewhere then the statement is valid.

Presumably that was swayed by off duties reporting in and those on shift staying on longer, plus importing from outside.

But I haven’t researched enough into the mechanics of the response.

This is funny, considering it’s the “Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Programme” :rofl:

Is it technically a police model or do they just end up sitting towards the top of the command tree during incident response, considering Civil Contingency Planning and response sits within their remit?

How shared was the design process I suppose is the question…

Not going to lie, but it’s getting harder to tumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen and pour myself a cup of ambition…

1 Like

Come again…?

I see what you did there :zipper_mouth_face: