You know what really makes me laugh?

If you aren’t paying then you are the product.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Imagining the frustration for traffic cops today. Apparently the MID has been hacked/broken and showing all cars in the country as uninsured.

Been going since yesterday morning AFAIK. If you go onto AskMID it shows everyone as uninsured!

1 Like

MML - booked a holiday for this year, explicitly for September 2023.

Turn up at the holiday park… booking is not until 2024…

Sub. Optimal.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ve been using the forces’ accommodation services…

It’s not all bad. They’ve shifted the dates and we’ve got an upgrade…

4 Likes

Mate, sorry for the laughing emoji but that’s pretty funny :rofl:

This year when we went skiing, my dad accidentally booked his ski pass for Feb 4-11, rather than Mar 4-11 when we were there. Ski’s on, ready to go up first lift his pass obviously didn’t work. It was also very funny.

Theyve been very good actually.

Cabin upgrade so we now have a hot tub. And two bottles of prosecco…

5 Likes

1 Like

That beret annoys me; it’s not the colour that that capbadge wears!

What’s the Cap Badge?

Not the fact that they are very clearly on a bloody flightline and the throbber is still wearing his beret?

3 Likes

Looks to be Intelligence Corps to me

Explained by what the capbadge is; Army Intelligence.

At the Young V&A Museum of Childhood. I feel old, lots of my old toys in a museum display. :joy:

(Masters of the Universe action figures for illustration)

I found some Thundercats in a Charity shop a few years ago. Next to it was the M.A.S.K. car with the gull wings and, a little further along the same shelf, a Manta Force spaceship!¡

Brought back some serious 80’s nostalgia.

1 Like

I always feel the same way when I keep seeing Rapier in museums, or the aircraft types that have gone out of service since I was a cadet (including Chipmunk, which people think is really old but it was still being used for AEF well into the ‘90s).

1 Like