You know what really makes me laugh?

@WhiskeyNovember started it!!

2010? We were playing this in the 90s… Get with the times!

he’s too young to know any different…!

5 Likes

Support for Big P has now been dashed

3 Likes

I particularly enjoyed said mayor’s Q&A immediately after his arrest:

“If they’re doing this to me, they could do it to you!”

Yyyyyyup. It’s called applying the law!

1 Like

2 Likes

Someone at work saying he thinks Trump was trying for this.
winston-churchill

1 Like

Most people online seem to be suggesting he was hiding fat neck

MML. Cornish footpaths that exist on a map, but not in practice. And yes. It did make me laugh as it’s the fourth one I’ve found in a week.

To start with I thought it was just my bad nav. Now I’m thinking it’s a conspiracy!!

It seems if it’s not the South West Coastal Path or some tourist loop, nobody wants to know!

(But at least the farmer was nice and understanding when we showed him the map and why I was looking confused in the middle of his field “Ain’t nobody used this path for years”)

Report it to the local highways authority when you come across paths like this. Not just in terms of getting it “cleaned up” but also to protect the right of way in case the landowner tries to get it closed due to perceived lack of use.

I end up reporting on average 1 per month around here that look like they’re being deliberately overgrown or otherwise blocked to discourage usage.

1 Like

I’ve done all 4 already. Cornwall have an excellent mapping tool which enables you to highlight exactly the right PRoW and the issues you faced - plus attach photos.

They must hate tourists who can be added to log such issues then drive off home and never walk said footpath again!!!

3 Likes

Rude language removed…

2 Likes

False news. Not one inappropriate display on the camera.

Many years ago, when I was a student, we went on Run to the Sun in an old VW Beetle, afterwards we stayed a few extra days. We fancied going to see an old tin mine called Wheal Jane, as some mates had said it was interesting, we asked a local for directions before leaving the campsite in Newquay his reply was “well if I was you I wouldn’t start from here”. Maybe it’s genetic!

4wricb

1 Like

In an antique/bric a brac shop in Lyme Regis. The militaria stall had an ATC beret badge for sale for £55. I had a look and it’s definitely the cheap version currently being issued. Guy didn’t understand why I found it funny. He was adamant it’s a rare badge from a disbanded RNAS unit. Seemed quite crestfallen when I explained what the ATC is.

1 Like

Guessing he’d removed the label with the date of contract / date of manufacture then?

At £55 a pop the part worn berets in our stores could be worth a tidy sum

1 Like