You know what really makes me laugh?

Thing is, if it was any other joe bloggs in the Street, people would be up in arms and he would be public enemy number 1 but because he is a celebrity… he hypocrisy of the media and people does make you wonder.

I was literally saying to someone it’s a wonder there hasn’t been something hidden or happened, and low and behold.
And the footage shows he is quite clearly “steaming”.

Hahaha, yes, let’s all laugh at the previously diagnosed mental illness, hilarious isn’t it?

Jamie Carrager spits at a car “hang him”
Ant drink drives and puts a 3 year old in hospital “ah well it’s not his fault”

1 Like

Guy commits a crime; it goes unpunished and people question it.
Another guy commits a crime; gets arrested.

Don’t see the correlation here, but knock yourself out.

1 Like

Wrt Carragher It’s not a crime if there is no victim, as soon as someone complains then it will be investigated.

As far as Drink Driving goes there is zero excuse, unless his mental state has deteriorated to the point where he can’t tell right from wrong.

My point was that one person commits what is in effect a very low level public order offence for which he would be dealt with by way of an on the spot ticket and not even get a criminal conviction and is subject to wall to wall abuse in the press and online. The other commits a far more serious crime, one which led to an injury, could have caused a death and is supposedly one which now carries a real social stigma and everyone rallies round and says “oh dear get well soon”

If that’s not enough to make you laugh it should probably make you cry!

3 Likes

Carragher was stupid and as previously said this was a low level public order offence.Of course nowadays we live in the twitt/face universe so it explodes and he will probably lose his job.As to the second drink driving person.Well he should be dealt with using the full force of law.He failed a roadside breath test standard procedure after an rtc.
The one thing that got me was the other party in the accident who in their own words were told by the police not to talk about the accident so promptly ignored these instructions and talked to journalists"he drove like a maniac etc".Wonder what bit of the dont talk about the accident they didnt understand?

1 Like

Previously diagnosed mental illness?

What you on about?

He’d been treated previously for addiction to alcohol and prescription medicine, both of which are classed as mental illnesses.

Doesn’t excuse your behaviour. You can’t throw that buzzword phrase about and expect to not take any incoming.
He’s a millionaire, what does he want? Some kind of sympathy for how hard done by he is?

We all have choices in life.

Choose your actions, they have consequences. You play a silly game, you get a silly prize.

That little girl didn’t have a choice to be involved. And if she had been killed we would be singing a different tune.

We will see how liberal you are about it when you have to scrape up the innocent bystanders off the tarmac caused by the actions of drink and drug drivers.

2 Likes

I think that pointing out that it was a mental illness wasn’t an attempt to minimise the what happened, just a response to Teflon’s comment:

That, and the fact it’s in the “what makes me laugh” thread…

They’re probably looking to make a few quid out of it. No-one was hurt and the little girl was taken to hospital ‘as a precaution’. The front of McPartlins car was stoved-in but I couldn’t see that much damage to the other vehicle. Besides, the bodywork of cars these days buckle as soon as you lean on them.

It doesn’t excuse Ant McPartlin’s actions in any way but I get the impression that the little girl’s parents are going to dine out on this for years to come, along with the associated indignation (real or imagined).

1 Like

Officially ordered not to, or asked not to?

Back on topic or create a new one please.

I’ve just been looking on Bader and there’s a link on sharepoint called LVMW (low value, minor works).

For a laugh, have a look at some of the entries!

I’m not convinced by some of them though, a squadron in Lincs getting a new ISO container for storage as they don’t want to give up a staff bar??? Good thing everyone’s got their priorities…

1 Like

Staff bar … ahh there’s a memory. We had a couple in our Wing many years ago, but either TAVRA or RFCA got the ache about them and they were removed.

Not on a particular station is it?

I didn’t think we could have containers.

To be fair, the room could be used regularly for various functions. If they have room for an ISO container and someone is going to pay for one, I would do it.

Absolutely! I would too except when we get peddled the line “RFCA say there’s no money left” but they pay for containers, rubs me up the wrong way a bit.

Hoping they’re not genuinely looking for an entire heated and lit ISO for five instruments…

Astonished by some of the applications on there. Wondering how many are genuine and how many are tests. :rofl:

Watching the RAF History in the latest Ewan McGregor wants to fly in a fast jet programme, last night and being told that there was apparently a V Force of 160 aircraft all but primed at the time of Bay Of Pigs.

ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY AIRCRAFT … those were the days. Let’s not forget the number during WW2 and just after of various types.

2 Likes

Unless you want to throw away your instruments every year, you need a controlled environment to store them, and that will mean heating during winter to control the temperature.

1 Like