You know what really makes me laugh?

13 degrees… That’s it, the heating is going on…

13°???

I fail to see the funny side to that

FYI: BBC News - Staying warm: What does an unheated room do to your body?

We have been away for a few days, but also I’ve got young kids.

As much we might laugh, or worry about the cost, I’m not risking my families health.

MML, remembering that when it’s cold I have my OG jumper and non-approved OG rank slides to wear in greens.

7 Likes

Logging in to SMS and seeing the image of cadets with the Reds as one of the backgrounds knowing that half of them have been sacked from both the team and the RAF for conduct unbecoming…

6 Likes

To be fair, that image is so old now, I imagine most have rotated out years ago

1 Like

For some reson that particular image always gave me the shivers anyway… not sure why. Just something about it.

2 Likes

Just sent an email to everyone at work telling them about some free training we’ve organised to use our legal database.

First reply: “We have a work subscription to that legal database?”

We’ve had access to it for over a decade. it’s going to be a long day.

3 Likes

Just wait for the colleague who prints off the email and brings it with them when they drop in to speak to you about it unannounced (or if you’re not there, leave the hard copy of the email on your desk with their question written on it in biro)

Nah, we’re safe from that, no one goes into chambers anymore anyway!

I also headed off the inevitable response to any email about the database we currently use: “Why don’t we use the other database, it’s much better?” by providing the cost of that other database, which is likely to be 3 times more than our current one, which already costs in the tens of thousands per year.

1 Like

MML; I was reflecting on my RAFAC career last night and thought back to those early camps in the 90’s. I smirked as I remembered our nickname back then… “Spacies” or “Space Cadets”… and then it hit me…

In 2022 we have literally become the “Space Cadets”. It’s like they knew.

9 Likes

The later part of the days when we still could do.
When fun was allowed.
And guess what… when we still didnt have thousands of accidents or incidents and all the extra admin hasnt made Anything actually safer.

But its ok.
Ysterdays parade was space.
Tommorows is cyber
Then next week pictures of aircraft you might see…

Beyond that i guess its back to space…?

Source?

1 Like

Nope, because we’ve binned Air Rec.

I would argue it in reverse.
People often cite the increse in safety due process, without sources.

As would I if someone started we had got safer due to the admin. Show me your stats that demonstrate that.

People getting annoyed with me because I’m logical and know the right answer. I’m sorry, if you wanted me to lie to you and tell you what you wanted to hear, you came to the wrong person. :smiley:

2 Likes

Probably more so that they weren’t reported. Considering what did go on, there certainly were accidents and injuries

Choosing where to sit on a busy train based on who is blocking seats with bags. The more you can make them move the better

2 Likes

Even better if they play the whole “sit on the aisle seat and block the window seat.” I’m getting that window seat!