You know what really makes me laugh?

Caster Semenya sticking 2 fingers up at the IAAF.

For a body that has gone through all manner of things over drug and other performance enhancing techniques I think the IAAFs decision over Caster Semenya will open a can of worms. Where does it stop? Male athletes with low testosterone allowed to take supplements to get them up to the same levels as other men, so they can compete equally?
In a day and age when people and authorities are tripping over themselves and tying themselves in knots to accommodate people who want to identify differently to their birth gender and in extremis change their gender, here is an individual who through no fault of their own or desire to be different, is being penalised, which in other circumstances would attract all manner of criticism and uproar. I would understand it if it was like some of the East German “ladies” from the old days.

1 Like

Reviewing a criminal case today involving a knife. As always, you want a good picture of the knife usually accompanied by a ruler so you can see how long it is, this helps juries or magistrates visualise the stabby potential.

The ruler in today’s case? An ‘Air Cadets The Next Generation’ one.

:thinking:

8 Likes

This made me smile today, good on him for challenging it.

1 Like

38 posts were split to a new topic: Something about Car pollution

England’s batting.

(With joy!)

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brexit

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brexit

completely unrelated to brexit (it got it’s own thread anyway)

I love the passion and support on here but…

I can’t be the only one slightly intimidated by the mini essays posted.

I love reading them a getting involved but I find myself taking a step back to truly appreciate when a single post no longer fits on my laptop screen. It’s brilliant :grin:

I’m not moving any more brexit posts from here, I’m just going to delete them from now on. You have been warned.

5 Likes

Yeah it gets a bit…um emotional

2 Likes

You can take our commissions… you can take our dignity… but you’ll never take our RANTS!

7 Likes

I would never dare… :laughing:

In the barbers today, George was bemoaning that since they’ve offered a tap and go to pay, tips had dropped I told him that’s your fault then. I was surprised he was doing it but apparently his 2 apprentices suggested it and they’re the ones who lose out.

Geoffrey Boycott’s reaction to people moaning about his knighthood. He never got bothered by people’s opinions and good to see he’s not changed or mellowed.

When a DI salutes at the rear of a flight on a parade.
#ShouldHaveKnownBetter

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brexit

The Dutch farmers taking a leaf from the French gilet jaune. Good on 'em.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at getting a new car so Facebook’s selective advertising suggests this for me !

P.s. I haven’t been looking at super cars.
Screenshot_20191014-212043_Facebook|243x500

1 Like

Just 1,599 a month

Must come with fuel

1 Like

Yeah

It would be worth seeing the cadets lose their tiny minds when I rock up to a wing course in it.

I wonder if the 25p per mile would cover the fuel

2 Likes