You know what really makes me laugh?

Judging by the groupings on the Corbyn poster, I’m not sure the coup would be successful enough to give them a chance to try.

2 Likes

In the last 22 years especially and more specifically between 1997 and 2008, the mantra from government has been “not our fault, the eu made us do it” when there has been anything unpopular like taxes (eg fuel and insurance).
Well, in 2016 the democratic decision was get out of the eu and ever since I feel that MPs (especially the simpering remain lot) have realised when we leave they will be fully accountable, and, they don’t want that, so it’s time they got a spine. Our MPs like all national MPs should be the ones deciding trade, taxes etc, not other foreign nationals. We keep marking the anniversaries of stopping that sort of thing happening.

The federalists in the eu are like venus fly traps luring countries like insects into the open trap with a promise of something nice, but we know how that ends for the insect.

We all know this when we vote and we get it every time, so it’s never a surprise… However I think that the parties know that they can affect little when they issue manifestos, but if they said that, that’s not really going to cut the mustard. In our hearts of hearts we know that governments can do little except tinker, so hopefully outside the eu, they have more get up and go.

A lot has been said and all spot on; overall we now have a culture of blaming someone else, because to own up might require a resignation and the ,loss of various perks and a tax payer funded salary. The reason behind democracy is for the people to have their say and their elected representatives to do their bidding, NOT to have a free hand and look after their own interests.

The current PM was home secretary when stop and search was ended because of complaints that is was discriminatory. I recall comments m daughter because it impacted on the way they might control or deter criminal activity in an area of high ethnicity. Now said elected representative does not appear to agree with the enforcement agencies, although maybe she has been distracted by knife wielding EU people. What a lost opportunity for the RAFAC and other youth organisations to teach citizenship. But when one reads about the suggestion that the Civil Service does not want Brexit and have been working to derail the process it, one can easily relate the stance of Sir Humphrey Appleby as being quite prophetic when it was created. In short the system has been corrupted and that same situation is equally true of our beloved organisation where rules are simply there to hide behind, and statutory obligations are only maintained where the Civil Servants cannot claim that a lack of resources does not allow scope for enforcement.

No-one has been advised about how Brexit will impact in the individual, but has anyone considered the extent of EU grant funding we have had. Maybe we will save on our vast financial contribution to the EU but will that give us more Grobs etc? I think not.

Emma Thompson flying from Los Angeles to join the eco idiots in London. The irony is all they do is move the traffic from where they are wreaking havoc to somewhere else and sod people’s lives up. One of them suggested people tale a day off work to join them, which is all fine and dandy if like them you haven’t got a proper job if they work at all if not independently wealthy and you’re up from country for a few days. You can well imagine them making their way around the countryside in a large 4*4. Like Emma Thompson’s flight and no doubt flights … do as I say not as I do.

2 Likes

22 posts were split to a new topic: Electric cars and the future of the automobile

Caster Semenya sticking 2 fingers up at the IAAF.

For a body that has gone through all manner of things over drug and other performance enhancing techniques I think the IAAFs decision over Caster Semenya will open a can of worms. Where does it stop? Male athletes with low testosterone allowed to take supplements to get them up to the same levels as other men, so they can compete equally?
In a day and age when people and authorities are tripping over themselves and tying themselves in knots to accommodate people who want to identify differently to their birth gender and in extremis change their gender, here is an individual who through no fault of their own or desire to be different, is being penalised, which in other circumstances would attract all manner of criticism and uproar. I would understand it if it was like some of the East German “ladies” from the old days.

1 Like

Reviewing a criminal case today involving a knife. As always, you want a good picture of the knife usually accompanied by a ruler so you can see how long it is, this helps juries or magistrates visualise the stabby potential.

The ruler in today’s case? An ‘Air Cadets The Next Generation’ one.

:thinking:

8 Likes

This made me smile today, good on him for challenging it.

1 Like

38 posts were split to a new topic: Something about Car pollution

England’s batting.

(With joy!)

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brexit

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brexit

completely unrelated to brexit (it got it’s own thread anyway)

I love the passion and support on here but…

I can’t be the only one slightly intimidated by the mini essays posted.

I love reading them a getting involved but I find myself taking a step back to truly appreciate when a single post no longer fits on my laptop screen. It’s brilliant :grin:

I’m not moving any more brexit posts from here, I’m just going to delete them from now on. You have been warned.

5 Likes

Yeah it gets a bit…um emotional

2 Likes

You can take our commissions… you can take our dignity… but you’ll never take our RANTS!

7 Likes

I would never dare… :laughing:

In the barbers today, George was bemoaning that since they’ve offered a tap and go to pay, tips had dropped I told him that’s your fault then. I was surprised he was doing it but apparently his 2 apprentices suggested it and they’re the ones who lose out.

Geoffrey Boycott’s reaction to people moaning about his knighthood. He never got bothered by people’s opinions and good to see he’s not changed or mellowed.