You know what really makes me happy?

It’s definitely something we don’t practice enough. Thankfully having run FSRT and PSI recently it meant I was fairly slick on my rescues. Good job really as we had to do every rescue from every craft, in some cases several times to look at possible variations.

My club banned practising them as a Covid measure. We’d only rescue for real, reasoning that risk of transmission is not as serious as risk of drowning, but no need to artificially create that risk.

I do love a rescue day though, some of the most fun you can have in boats.

1 Like

Finalising the wedding arrangements, 3 weeks and 1 day. We’re all set, nervous, excited as well as being terrified in equal measure…

Blimey.

9 Likes

Well done that woman! What a performance!

2 Likes

Emma Raducanu winning the US Open.

A product of the British system albeit having been born in Canada to Romanian and Chinese parents.

1 Like

To clarify, that’s congratulatory to her, the system, and an unsubtle reminder that immigration isn’t inherently bad.

3 Likes

Absolutely stellar performance: qualifier,10 matches in sets. A bit nail biting at times as Fernandez wasn’t just going to roll over, but you had a sense it was Raducanu’s. I do hope the media don’t build her up then slag her off is she doesn’t dowell.

$2.5M (£1.8M) cheque for winning and the sponsorship deals will make her quite well off.
I was going to the chippy earlier and on the radio they were saying her current sponsors Wilson and Nike are going to have to revise their contracts as all the other firms will be after her signature, even if she loses. I read her parents are in finance I hope they advise her on squirrelling money away.

When I got home from the chippy there were kids “playing” tennis in the close.

The presentation was OTT, do they not watch Wimbledon to see how it’s done properly! Roll out some carpet job done.

We are all mongrels and mixes of all sorts, with who knows who in our lineage. As all you get 95% of the time is a name and maybe a job of the dad, normal “Agricultural Labourer”.

I was chatting a bloke at church this morning. He couldn’t be anymore Welsh. He’s been doing his family tree for a couple of years and found out recently his 3G grandparents on his mum’s side were Portuguese (Morgado) and 4G grandparents on his dad’s were Scottish (Smith). His mum didn’t have a clue as all she knew is they were from The Valleys, with family names like Jones, ,Edwards and Davies. It doesn’t matter to him or his family as it’s too long ago.

Watching someone get shot down for commenting on a picture of cadets having a good time with the boss.

7 Likes

I’ve had that sort of rubbish on SM before it’s very annoying!

What a douche

1 Like

Have we found @Teflon on Facebook?

5 Likes

I have to say I really like how our Commandant does social media on his profile. Never too political, but always sticking up for what’s right. I also regularly see him pop up commenting on other posts from other RAF social media pages and it’s always really positive and in a benefit to our organisation.

Thinking about it, that’s very relevant to this thread too as that makes me happy :grin:

6 Likes

London 5G speeds… :grin::grin:

1 Like

ooft - not bad, but my office is a bit better :wink:

3 Likes

Jesus Christ that’s crazy! That must be saturating the upload of that test location… It’s almost at the peak throughput for WiFi-6 too :rofl:

1 Like

caveat - it wasn’t a wifi test, it was wired, I just clicked on the result link on my phone. If I told you where and how that test was done it might make a bit more sense to you, but then you’d know too much about me :stuck_out_tongue:

!!! That’s cheating pretending it’s a phone. I’m guessing this was run on one of your works VMs? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

it was basically done on a bit of (very important) hardware that has a direct connection to one of the UK ISP network backbones - I do regularly use that bit of hardware though :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure VMs would be able to support that kind of speed :thinking:

1 Like

Can we please place the Ultilearn Server on that kit? :laughing:

2 Likes