You know what really makes me happy?

My view from the office last week, & I did some .22 shooting last night. :grin:

4 Likes

Just about to have cocktails, Uptown bar jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai

Landing on MCR.

2 Likes

Gwyneth Paltrow has apparently released a scented candle that may keep some people happy. Look it up as the filters on here might not like it. Not sure it would be a present for a female rellies.

Meandered down from the other end this week…

3 Likes

Opened the DT today and an interview with Ozzy, brilliant, one of the rock greats music hero of mine from my early days of listening to rock. Ozzy had a stage presence the same as Paul Gadd, both excellent entertainers.

I’m convinced that these days he needs he never knows where he is and performs only based on muscle memory.

Music is banned near him just in case he hears a few bars and breaks out in “Generals gathered in their masSESSSSSSSS”.

First calf of the year delivered. Without assistance. Woop woop.

8 Likes

Don’t jinx it!

The first one normally needs intervention. The rest of the herd then realise they dont want me anywhere near them and go on to deliver normally! Without that prompt in place, I’m now anticipating issues with number 2 or 3!!!

2 Likes

Absolutely no jinx. 2 and 3 arrived 45min apart this afternoon. No drama.

3 Likes

Photos or it didn’t happen! Of the calves, not the birth though mind

1 Like

#countryfiletime…

9 Likes

Where can I get a pet one? Preferably must stay the same size as when it falls out the mother…must be good with a labrador

2 Likes

Why? Have you only got a small freezer??

7 Likes

Aaaaaa. Beautiful. Our farmer neighbours have just had some, makes me thankful for living in the country (especially amidst the current crisis)

I always like seeing lambs in plastic coats… pre-shrink wrapped, just add mint sauce.

3 Likes

The hysterics caused by trying to get our Sqn WO to use Teams last night for our staff meeting.

A full squadron staff team effort to get him on - the OC in tears of laughter, the Squadron WO’s wife heckling him in the background, people bringing in their spouses to watch. Superb :joy:

1 Like

A comedy sketch in the making. Monty Python strikes again.

Hearing the odd snippet that someone has come out of hospital alive after having the virus, like the 84 yo lady in the village. I know this doesn’t fit the narrative for the media and govt, rushing to give us doom and gloom all the time, but I wonder if more “walk” out than leave “in a box”. Surely better to have good news than bad, although “good news” doesn’t sell copy.

1 Like

Yes, very old people occasionally recover. It usually ends up in the news, and people celebrate a bit. The reason you don’t see it more is because most of those people don’t recover.

2 Likes