You know what really makes me happy?

I forgot we had this one

I had a beard today in No1s for a battle of Britain parade. All the old boys accepted it.

10 Likes

Bercow is standing down as Speaker.

He has been by a long way the worst Speaker I’ve known of.

But you have heard of him

4 Likes

Yes unfortunately I’ve head him.

On a par with Michael Martin who preceeded him.

I think Bercow has been the worst speaker in my time. He has acted in a manner unbecoming of the post. They invariably get a knighthood, I hope he doesn’t

I hope he does. That’ll show that whatever he did still wasn’t as bad as cancelling Doctor Who.

Michael Grade was the controller of BBC One who killed Doctor Who and, “coincidentally,” the only controller not to get a knighthood. He was made a baron but that was decades later.

Diversion over.

1 Like

I could respond with my own words, but I think this sums up my views:

2 Likes

What a loadof BS, somepeople need to taake a trip to Berlin for a little education.

It’s the Daily Mash

3 Likes

Oh Bob

2 Likes

If you have ever been to Berlin and taken the train out to Orienenburg, walk down the road turn right and then after 150 yards tuen left along a very nice road full of pre-war houses you come to Sachenhausen KL memorial site with the T Building on the right hand side. Then there is the Topography of Terrors memorial on what was Prinz Albrectstrasse 8.

Then there is the Stasi prison at Hohenschönhausen in the Berlin suburbs. I have visited bth recently and both make sobering experiences. Later this week I will be in Jersey and will visit the Underground Hospital there. Strangely the dmensions of the wards are the same dimensions as the gas chambers at Auschitz Birkenau with a lot of the same facilities.

People who throw the term nazi or communit round, really do need to get a grip and read and visit some places in this world.

1 Like

I have to agree with Bob,
I know the Daily Mash is meant to be humorous but

I feel the term Nazi, Fascist, Communist, Rascist and the likes are being flung around these
days without real relation to what they mean but just as a tag to someone who thinks differently than you.

We have real problems in our country at the moment relating to politics but to try and tag people with a name from some of the worst cases in human history is not helping.

1 Like

It’s satire. It’s meant to point out the ridiculousness of the comparisons that people are genuinely making of people to nazis by taking it to extremes. If anything the article is agreeing with you.

1 Like

England beating the All Blacks. One of, if not, the best performance I’ve seen by an England rugby team.

4 Likes

LadBoy Christmas number one 2nd year on the bounce, a bit of fun. Christmas should be time for something light-hearted.

I just found a 2003 version of Lord of the Rings Risk for £3. All the pieces are there (Risk players seem to take care of the pieces. I don’t think I’ve ever bought one that was missing any substantial amount of them.) and everything!

But I can’t find the Mordor and Gondor expansion anywhere. People don’t seem to sell them since the new version of the game comes with them attached.

1 Like

Currently signed off work with stress. Last night had a call from our Cadet Training Team Sergeant and this morning just fired off 100 rounds, not felt this relaxed in ages. Seriously, they should consider prescribing this on the NHS.

10 Likes

I spent a day at home last year, supposedly to do some work. I was having a poor mental health day it seems, and achieved absolutely nothing whatsoever.
As it happens, the call came in to take cadets flying the next day. I took it, ditched off an offer of work and went.
I then did all of my work, that I had failed to do the day before, in 30 minutes between flights.
It’s amazing what a change of scenery can do.

7 Likes