You know what really makes me happy?

Too many forums with those Qanon types

1 Like

Yep and it shows, failed to live up to the hype. There were strikes almost from day one, sounds like a good nationalised workplace, and when they introduced charges after 3 years in direct contravention of it big selling point on free healthcare for all, Bevan resigned.
Now just like the public sector in general too many chiefs getting paid too highly and doing too little.

Heathen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::joy:

Butā€¦that is EXACTLY why he gained so much support.

Those Americans beaten down by ā€œthe systemā€ saw someone who wasnā€™t part of the establishment nor part of the institution as a saviour to rock the boat, stir things up and change how politics worked for them on a personal level

My American Trumpist friends are still saying ā€œWait and see what is going to happenā€ and here we are Biden and Harris were sworn in when according to my American friends, they were going to be brought down along with the rest of the corrupt senators blah blah blah.

Iā€™ve told them no matter what, Biden is their President and nothing is going to happen so they need to chill with their conspiracy thoughts. As far as I see it, yes he is old but he isnā€™t insane. So far Iā€™ve heard his speeches and Iā€™m happy with him so far. Iā€™m looking forward to the Country being reunited instead of itā€™s current state of divide.

How long we stuck with Boris? 2024 :scream: is that right?

There is no way heā€™ll last that long, once Covid is behind us (March 22) heā€™ll stand down from the leadership and Rishi will have 2 years to win votes ahead of the election.

I donā€™t see that happening anything soon, the Trump Cult is still strong, if the Republicans are clever they will find him guilty in the senate, otherwise they will have to seriously consider nominating him in 2024 or risk splitting the party.

I seriously doubt that, current Westminster Voting intentions (11th Jan) still have the Conservatives ahead, although Rishi has a much better personal approval rating than either Boris or Starmer. Iā€™d he goes it will be 12 months out although I would put money on him fighting the election. (As long as he thinks he can win, which he can).

Once heā€™s fully delivered the vaccine, having already delivered a Brexit deal heā€™ll be gone. If not for Covid I reckon heā€™d be announcing his resignation about now

I think he will stay long enough to keep mugging off the SNP so that itā€™s not a Political Issue for his successor ā€œsorry too late to discuss it maybe next Parliamentā€

Oh and Mugging off the SNP makes me happy so this isnā€™t off topic.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I didnā€™t say it was a good dealā€¦

everytime I see the word deal I force myself to laugh just so I donā€™t break down in floods of tears

Yeahā€¦
But just wait until he has to actually do some real Chancellot of the Exchequer work and start clawing all that free money back.
His popularity will sink faster than a stone.

3 Likes

This universal credit thing probably wonā€™t be playing very well for him, or the reputed reform of worker rights.

The way things are playing out the bad news seems to all be getting blamed on Boris while Rishi gets all the credit for the free stuff.

As long as he can keep a personal rating of 10% or higher it will be more than both the party leaders!

What makes be happy, seeing this guy actually get a decent fine in court. Still could have been higher imo

Decent fine, maybe 4k would hit you or I quite badly but on 375k a year and over a million in his slush fund itā€™s probably less than a days interest/profits on his investments

interestingly, it seems he wasnā€™t fined for covid breaches, but for aviation ones

It will be based upon his weekly income.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure that people are that naive to think that at some point the pay back will have to come. If they are then God help us. Govts canā€™t keep shelling money out like they have for the past nearly 12 months, to shore up people and economies and not have to recoup itā€¦ This is global not just in the UK.
The left wing and their media will get incoherent about the wealthy (what ever and who ever they are) having to pay more. But we will all pay.