You know what really makes me happy?

In fairness, my nephew who has aspergers is exactly the same. Just over diggers.

Need to get him to monetise it!

1 Like

Met him at Waterloo, genuinley nice guy

1 Like

Road Marching today; second day for the Blue lot, first day for the Silver lot (Bronze start in Jan) - 20km for all groups (2 blue teams & 2 silver teams).

For the second session in a row; a 100% finish rate with zero drop-outs across any of the teams!

4 Likes

Double-dipping, but I think I very faintly caught the Northern Lights from my back garden last night.

5 Likes

Sat down replacing all the brass screws on the squadron banner ready for the parade this Sunday.

Half the screws missing, banner bearer wondering why the pole is flapping in the breeze… now all fixed.

1 Like

buying something online yesterday and avoiding the £6.99 next day delivery charge, instead accepting the 2-3 business days delivery for free

this morning getting a notification that my parcel will be delivered between 13:59-14:59 today

saved myself £7 :grin:

4 Likes

Had something yesterday of the same theme.

A bit of kit that I need for trail running that usually retails at £90, but spotted a genuine bargain and have secured it brand new for £26 (£30 before MOD discount) from a reputable retailer.

No quick delivery, but I get to pick it up this weekend.

2 Likes

Actually quite helpful to know, not least because of the reports of how some telcos are taking the absolute Michael when it comes to roaming charges. Text message just received:

Three have gone back to changing a daily fee. I think isn’t £3 a day or similar.

Madness given they were one of the first to offer the free roaming, even before the EU made it mandatory!

Kiwi polish arrived in the post today. And I’ve cleared my backlog of decisions. Now just to shake off this headache and I can have a fun night of shoe polishing.

If you need more, I have a stash…

1 Like

If you really like the smell of petrol and spending hours polishing, crack on with Kiwi and you’ll eventually achieve the same effect as a couple of layers of Saphir.

1 Like

When I don’t have a headache it’s great. Especially the fumes from applying a bit of heat to the polish.
Plus using kiwi gives me more time away from the wife than Sapphir would

1 Like

I’ve not found Saphir as durable, but it might be because my base layer is still Kiwi?

The other decision is whether I swap out the cap badge for the Kings Crown one that I’ve got.

Usual Mechanic (old army buddy) couldn’t do my cadet/shared car this year in time for little miss crazy to have use of it for a new job so had to take it to another local place. Had history with the place in the past always finding a couple of hundred quids worth of work and had resigned myself to having to pay it this time round due to time constraint.

Think he must have either remembered I always used to take my cars and do work myself or looked and seen the clear amount of prep and decided he won’t get away with his old tricks as it’s passed without issue :muscle::grin:

2 Likes

Ive got a tin of Saphir now… going to try it on my parade shoes…

1 Like

How did you get one of those? Stores told me it would be three to five years!

Friend of a friend who “found” one

1 Like

I need to dig deeper in stores. We certainly have paperwork from when King George was still on the throne.

2 Likes