You know what really makes me happy?

I’d say 8 these days.

You can get 4-6 refurb surface pro 5 for around 1500.

Compact as heck, touch screen, fully featured.

2 Likes

Check for Win11 compatibility, there is plenty of used (and even some new) stuff out there that can’t be upgraded.

Have a look at the education deals from DellHP, Lenovo etc.

Minimum processor would be an i5 (i3 isn’t going to save much) but the Ryzen 5 line is worth looking at as IMO the graphics are better than Intel Iris and you can get away with low end sims etc on them (go for the ones marked as having an APU or Radeon graphics.

If you do go down the APU/low end immersive / graphics / gaming route try to get 16GB ram or at least PCs that can be upgraded, if it is just for online stuff 8GB is still ok.

1 Like

I’d say this is on the money and allows headroom for extra RAM in budget:

Only thing might be the 256GB storage might be a bit tight.

Not sure if the Lenovo direct education price is lower.

1 Like

It’s a silly little thing but, with more than a year of Duolingo and no-one to practice with, I managed to say a sentence in Flemmish AND THEY ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD ME and responded with what I expected to hear!

I might have only managed “thank you and goodnight” but it’s better than I managed when I was here last year and it’s made me slightly giddy.

3 Likes

MMH. The Paddlesport community.

Driving the long drive home after an afternoon on the water. Boats safely loaded on the roof. See a similarly laden car coming down the other carriageway.

Simultaneously wave at each other.

Every. Single. Time.

What a community.

1 Like

7vmuaf

7 Likes

Just jealous coz you Pace Stick Wielders can only spot each other by the size of the creases in your socks :wink:

And strength of starch odour

And here’s how the road marchers greet each other :wink:

a-heavily-awarded-north-korean-general-salutes-next-to-kim-v0-kkyoq0m505ha1

4 Likes

Jealousy is a horrid mistress

I know, i only have 4 medals… been looking into some of the IML european events.

Nijmegen numbers collection aside, I’m on 5…?

Pah, must be a newbie

1 Like

Whilst recently in the process of installing updates, my computer crashed and would only load into a text console. Whatever command I typed, it wouldn’t load the desktop/GUI, just the console.

A bit of Googling allowed me to work out how to complete installing the updates, but still the computer would only load into the console.

(Quite) A bit more Googling later and I tried a command a forum user had suggested and it worked! The desktop loaded perfectly after about 10 mins of running through various actions from this command. It was fixed!

MMH; Managing to fix the computer almost by myself.

MML; The reason the computer failed in the first place is because the updates had somehow deleted the desktop module. The solution was to reinstall the desktop.

Gotta love Ubuntu sometimes…

1 Like

Mrs Farmer finally accepting that letting the 3 year old have a 2 hour nap in the mid afternoon may be contributing to his refusal to go to sleep at night. We cut the nap out on holiday and he’s so much better at going down at night. Still waking occasionally during the night, but at least we get an evening now.

1 Like

crikey! we don’t let our 18 month old go past 90 minute nap due to the issues at bedtime…!!

2 Likes

But that would interfere with her MasterChef marathons. You’d think we wouldn’t need to have had the argument considering this is number three, but…

New Officer & SNCO confirmed in the same week

10 Likes

Im nice to you sometimes, pass on my congrats to W.U.

Almost enough officers now to step away from Sqn :wink:

Found a complete set of MTP waterproofs i didnt know I owned just in time for a day of rainy and thundery day of cadet activities

1 Like