You know what really makes me happy?

Oooops!

Ditto

Please feel free to forward to all.oc…lol

1 Like

I did chuckle when I received it and I did have fond memories of cheesegate :joy:

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Doctor Who

13 posts were split to a new topic: American Hand-Egg

So, there’s a green ring around the avatars (next to posted comments) of those online and it has blown my mind.

Have I been missing this for long?

4 Likes

I’ve never noticed this before! What the hell? And I noticed that tiny other issue with the avatar :rofl:

Ooohhh. Making me happy. Lego Winnie the Pooh!!!

1 Like

I’ve been seriously tempting getting (back) into LEGO - those Star Wars sets are very tempting - although a lack of space to display them and costs* do keep me from buying them.

*O how i miss working at LEGOLAND and getting 40% off :smile:

1 Like

We just managed to grab a Lego Ninjago set for the boychild from Argos. Reduced from £130 to £36. Which gives a really clear idea about the markup!!!

But at the same time… LEGO!!!

Sadly, the Star Wars stuff is not getting the same treatment!!!

Today just keeps on giving.

Iceland have launched hash brown waffles!!!

If only we had an Iceland nearby.

2 Likes

Oh sweet mary mother of god

I literally live 30 seconds walk from one. Guess where I’ll be at 9am tomorrow… :smirk:

1 Like

I’m now in possession of the family lego box.

It started as a small box, when my sister had it, then got added to with her kids, then when to my other sister and her kids, when more lego was added to it… Now it’s mine…

… Well… One really useful box load of it… The other half is in safe keeping at my parents house for when the Family Tornado decide to visit.

I’m looking forward to when my kids are old enough to play with it… I’ll have to help… Of course.

Do it. In the past year I’ve done the Bond Aston and the Apollo 11 moon lander. Both amazing kits.

The problem is they are model specific sets, whereas Lego should IMO be about about basic bricks etc and imagination, like it was when I was growing up. Lego found a way to just screw money out of people.

Lego has always been about model sets.

2 Likes

O joy… @Teflon found a way to take the fun out of talking about LEGO :expressionless:

6 Likes

But now some of the franchise sets are so bloody expensive people don’t really use them for anything other than what the set is. Which IMO is a waste of money.

Our son would only make what it said on the box. It was a revelation when I sat down with him and made things other than what it was on the box and he never looked back. He got a prize at secondary when they had a Lego model competition. They were just given a box of Lego, with motors etc. They were more imaginative than to give Lego sets to 15 year olds.
Will you use or allow a young child to use your kits to make something of your or their own imagining?
This is what Lego is about.