You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

New = check
Gucci = negatory

£200 a bike brand new. They will last 5 seconds. One didn’t make it out of the car park when I took some of the staff out.

I think for the vast majority of squadrons hiring is the way forward with bikes. The costs seem to get pretty crazy when you add it all up. Bike cost, helmet, gloves, glasses, storage, transport, maintenance. If you go to somewhere like Whinlatter for example you can hire a bike for £30 for the whole day! Split over two groups you’re looking at £15 per cadet ish. If you’re taking a group to Windermere, I’ve found it better to hire from there than rely on the bikes at the centre.

1 Like

Builders/Electrics

Finally finished the rewire in the house today (minus cosmetic stuff) all individual circuits tested fine, new consumer unit went in and boom no power… Hours and hours of fault finding to find what was wrong.

Then the cherry on the cake… He then knocks of a turds ton of mitre bond (posh industrial superglue) all over our brand new kitchen worktops… Resulting in me being elbow deep in acetone all day killing off brain cells

1 Like

Their responsibility, surely?

1 Like

Yeah, not paying for today but it was all hands to the deck to try and save the worktops… Which weren’t saved which they can’t reinstall new ones until 4th Jan, it all bs

1 Like

staff discount?

Yeah 20% just installing them cause apparently builders need 3 weeks off

Well if they treat their own staff like that, how do they treat actual customers? :wink:

Ahh

We don’t do installations anymore because the service was awful. So use own builders

20% of kitchen etc

1 Like

I think “John Smith” has done 2 years in uniform, not done a blue camp and is getting mixed rejection reasons from they’re WHQ.

FOI Request

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: John Smith, really? That’s like me doing an FOI and actually pretending my name is Joe Bloggs. Hopefully they’ll ask for ID as they don’t belive the name is real. (And using your real name is one of the requirements of doing an FOI)

1 Like

All of his questions could be answered by talking to his WSO…

1 Like

I would add, in fairness there needs to be a definitive and final matrix for officer promotions.

With guidance such as, not completed the matrix. Jog on.

There is no reason in our org to have time served promotions at all.

Officers could quite easily just sit at plt off if all they do is turn up and be a CI in uniform.

Ditto since promotions.

That would help solve the top heavy rank structure we have.

1 Like

That will only give details within the sector or Wing.

As we know, despite one RAFAC, almost every Wing has its own spin on the rules, even those that are static as the promotion matrix.

1 Like

I think ACP 20 is pretty clear on it as well, and an officer who can’t get those answers directly or via the WSC shouldn’t be promoted.

Completing the matrix alone isn’t sufficient, also requires a positive recommendation from the OC / WSC / OC Wg for both SNCO + Officer.

There is also the scope to bypass the matrix of an OC Unit.

EDIT: Maybe he wants a definitive answer to beat the WHQ with.

It must be unfortunate having a truly generic name. I know a David Smith.

1 Like

Little bit outside my budget. I’ve been looking at a Ribble CGR.

You mean it isn’t?! :scream:

1 Like

I did just check the emails and there are two John Smith’s with allocated emails. One’s a Sgt the other a Sqn Ldr so I’m thinking it’s not them! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Unless the squadron leader is a sector officer that’s been asked and is getting conflicting information.