You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Especially if you head to Soho for your loving

4 Likes

I might be paddington based, rail card is 7k a year ouch

Yeah me the Mrs were looking at buying in a location, then realised her Rail Fare would be £8,400 a year which would be more than her contribution to the Mortgage!

The Daws mansion must be impressive!! :joy:

We were lucky enough to be able to move away from London after 10 years and get similar jobs in a cheaper area. Shorter commute too which is a bonus.

The proposed public sector pay freeze.

I already earn less than someone doing the same job in the private sector and I doubt they’ll keep their salaries artificially low for three years like the Chancellor proposes.

1 Like

Doh! Yeah a year :joy:

Having already been through 3 years of pay freeze and 10 years of below inflation pay rises.

They want to recruit 20,000 more Cops, they already have a retention problem and this won’t help!

Time for a cross sector strike.

1 Like

Not allowed and since the NHS will be excluded neither will they.

Yeah good luck to them trying to recruit the thousands of bureaucrats required after the Brexit transition period ends too. They’re just shooting themselves in the foot.

1 Like

But each area affected can strike which would be an enormous impact. Think about most of the civil service striking for a week. Unfortunately the unions don’t have any backbone.

You’re lucky, CS pay freeze for 10 years :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And likely another 10

yaayyy -_-

Quick, where’s the escape tunnel?

1 Like

I moved from a public sector job (again earning much less than I would have done in the private sector) to a job in an organisation which is legally private sector, but I think most people would consider public sector. Even we’ve already been told there’s going to be no promotion round, spine point increases, or pay-rise next year :slightly_frowning_face: (as a result of carrying leave over, and agreeing to work overtime at Christmas, my total Annual Leave next year will be 50 days tho, which does soften the blow a little :partying_face:)

I don’t know whether this just impacts England too. The Home Civil Service is a reserved matter but I’m not technically a civil servant and the rest of the public sector (almost) is devolved.

1 Like

I work for an organisation which (I would put money on) everybody in the UK having heard of - nobody would say it’s Civil Service, but it isn’t what most people would consider ‘normal’ private sector

I’m intrigued now :joy:

2 Likes

GMG the number of pics on social media of Xmas trees being put up… Firstly it’s November secondly… Its November and thirdly… Its a waste of time.

1 Like

6 Likes