You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=13755] I get links sometimes from Wing and leave them till I get to the sqn, send a document and I open it immediately.[/quote]Why?

Other than the fact that you have to enter the password once it makes absolutely no difference. Placing docs on sharepoint is far better practice, as it also means that they can be searched for without going back through the emails.

Access at work is awkward, plus if a document is moved or deleted the link won’t work, which negates any advantage, IMO.

But there’s no real need to delete documents from sharepoint - unless they’re out of date, in which case they can be replaced with an up-to-date version and the link should still work.

[quote=“MattB” post=13778]But there’s no real need to delete documents from sharepoint[/quote]Apart from the MOD data retention policy of course.

They can also be shifted around due to re-organisation of the structure, meaning any path-based links will break. If only some form of perma-link were available.

If they update properly perhaps, but any change will mean a non-working link.

Wing sending twice as many cadets to the AEF as they said they could fly. :mad:

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Ah, but did you check your revised allocation?

Yep, the AEF schedule had changed which we checked but when wing were asked they said send the same amount of cadets.

Cadet NCOs who wear stable belts in greens regardless of the activity being performed.

Is there a ruling as to when they should wear stable belts? I must confess I wasn’t aware if there was or wasn’t.

Yes, I can’t remember it exactly, bit it’s something along the lines of for admin tasks only. A Hence why seeing people wearing them for fieldcraft is really quite irritating.

They should not be worn “in the field”, so no to shooting or on exercise.

para 0223-0224 “Stable Belt can be worn as barrack / unit dress and for non physical activities.
Green belt must be worn at all other times.”

Trying to get people to conform to that though, not too easy.

Ah yes, that old chestnut!

What, precisely, is “barrack dress” then?

and what classes as a “physical” activity? First Aid? Road Marching? Car Parking? Marshalling?
What is left?

It used to be that you didn’t wear then for shooting and fieldcraft, which was quite clear. Somebody has been inabout and muddied the waters :slight_smile:

What, precisely, is “barrack dress” then?

and what classes as a “physical” activity? First Aid? Road Marching? Car Parking? Marshalling?
What is left?

It used to be that you didn’t wear then for shooting and fieldcraft, which was quite clear. Somebody has been inabout and muddied the waters :)[/quote]

That’s a fair point. A lot of road marching teams wear them, including mine. But, to be fair they probably get more minging road marching then they would if I went shooting

What, precisely, is “barrack dress” then?[/quote]

i have always taken “barrack dress” to be working in the “barrack block” ie admin/sat at in a classroom/desk based tasks - basically what i would be happy to do in blues, but for whatever reason is being conducted in greens.

personally i dont like the stable belt in greens, we (RAF/ATC) dont have regimental colours to “belong to” and as we are all part of the same what does an RAF Stable belt show?

on Sqn because of the fine line between barrack and no barrack dress that can occur during a parade night it is easier to have no stable belts in greens. The start of the evening may qualify, but then second half may not.

We were advised against wearing them for road marching for several reasons, primarily uniformity and the fact that it has been known for the metal adjuster to give some people a huge blood blister.

Personally I think wearing them in greens is a bit flawed, it seems that most of time you can technically wear them is when you would be in blues anyway.

Most importantly, it prominently shows affiliation to the RAF. This is a good thing when we are operating in multi-service environments such as Nijmegen.