You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

but i am not sure how you are forcing the HQAC hand by running the courses anyway.

the BA pilots who went on strike this week stopped turning up entirely in protest.
they didn’t fly the aircraft anyway just with no passengers.

although pleased to hear Cadets are being trained I can’t see how there is much of a protest if the known delays for badges is accepted…
or are you simply ignoring the option to purchase them and accept the wait for badges…?

1 Like

But running the courses and buying the badges doesn’t help anyone other than rip-off’s profit margins at the cadet’s or CWCs expense and HQAC are under no compulsion to provide, although they could buy them from rip-off and supply them to squadrons, given that somehow rip-off are better at getting these things made, than the organisation they are meant for.

CCFs that just make up dress regs (e.g. great coats and/or pace sticks/swords for cadets or adult staff refusing to wear VRT/RAFAC identifiers on their No1s and 5s.)
It gives the rest of us a bad name and makes it harder when we try to enforce dress regs and they then speak to friends in other contingents.

1 Like

Someone been on a certain Facebook group?

I’m guessing you’ve been I’ve been air cadet too long… I did comment on that and the response was basically I’m ccf and I’m allowed

1 Like

I know his Contingent Commander. One of those with time served Wing Commander who relies heavily on “tradition” to get away with everything

a what now?

1 Like

I dont seen the word tradition mentioned in Ap1358C

3 Likes

In my world. these people would be shot.
Simples.

In the CCF a Contingent Commander is (usually) a Major or equivalent (Sqn Ldr). But after, IIRC, 20 years commissioned service, including 10 as a Contingent Commander JSP 313 allows promotion to Lt Col or equivalent.

Although still in the JSP HQAC are not approving them anymore, as I had to listen to last week when my Contingent Commander got in to find the letter saying his promotion was rejected. He was not a happy bunny.

Not quite correct above, but almost.

Turns out I’m really bored and a quick search of AP1358C reveals it appears 4 times, all in relation to religious exemptions from general dress regs.
:wink:

2 Likes

Loser.:wink:

I was being sarcastic

1 Like

Boo hoo.

I’ve always found the fact that CCF(RAF) officers get to keep their rank upon leaving the billet that conferred it - whilst ATC officers get demoted - rather unreasonable given that we’re all supposed to be the same.

2 Likes

Indeed. I agree completely there.
(Though I thought you only keep the rank if staying on the same contingent and won’t outrank your replacement)

1 Like

Get demoted from what? We are all in made up ranks to make the organisation look military and ascribe blame, the fact is whatever we are in the organisation has no bearing on our real lives. Now if we were salaried, pensionable and all the other benefits associated in that way then yes “demotion” could be something. I only knew one Wg Cdr who would regularly use his rank.

How would you describe a downward movement from Flt Lt to Fg Off upon relinquishing command of a Sqn?

Necessary?

1 Like

Freedom :partying_face:

6 Likes

depends on how long they were CO

if you are talking a CO of a long time its a bit of a kick in the gondas… 10+ years should keep the rank. they have done their bit and then some let them keep something for all the crap they have dealt with