You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

I love how both the left and the right (plus both leave and remain) complain that the Beeb is biased against them. Suggests they are doing something right

5 Likes

Break down of law and order.

The assault of one police officer is the end of the rule of law?

No. But if we are weighing up climate change vs rule of law, the latter is more important.

Even with total full scale 20 degree increase in temp and a water world, some humans will survive.

Break down of society and rule of law, fewer will survive.
Iā€™m just playing devils advocate balancing 1 philosophy against another.

1 Like

Look at the picture in the press of the attacker and winder why the BBC didnā€™t mention it.

They did mention it, all over the BBC radio news and I even got a bleeding breaking news alert to my phone about it from the BBC app. I didnā€™t get any push notifications about cow farts. They even reported on the attacker, naming him and including a court room sketch of him where you can clearly see his ethnicity

But I get that doesnā€™t fit with your ā€œmedia conspiracy not to mention anything bad about foreignersā€ theory.

5 Likes

Arguable.

But not really relevant anyone, no one is realistically suggesting anything of the sort, whereas climate change is a clear and present danger.

1 Like

The Bader Team saying your Ultilearn problems are sorted when they are not, followed by the specific password no longer working, so losing access again!!

This stupid ā€œair bearā€ the social media team of HQAC have as a mascot. Do they know that primary school aged kids have a teddy they take home and take on adventures?

Itā€™s so cringeworthy every time I see it.

7 Likes

Its like the cuddly toy you got at primary school to take home and look after over the weekend

You are a bunch of fun sponges!

3 Likes

I prefer the term fun nazi

1 Like

I donā€™t think you should.

2 Likes

Is there a parrot in here?

If thatā€™s what counts as fun these days, no thanks.

1 Like

just as a learning point

the impact of climate change resulting from the impact from cows is as a result of burps rather than farts.
the cow has enough stomachs to rid any trapped wind due to the process it uses for digestion and methane is released in cow burps more than farts Metro article

1 Like

Everyday is a learning day. Ta. (Should have concentrated more in biology rather than trying to persuade my partner she wanted a one on one practical session)

1 Like

:joy::joy:

i wouldnā€™t berate yourself too much! I only found it out by chance this year myself - turns out it is a common misconception

Naturally when talking about gas expulsion people jumped to the conclusion that farts were the main culprit. As a result cow farts have largely been blamed for the doubling of methane levels, with the animals being the butt of global warming jibes over the years.

Why, oh why, are people always trying to circumnavigate rules!!

The latest is the thread on what can, and canā€™t, be worn on the way back from a camp.

Maybe Iā€™ve been in this organisation too long, second bar to CFM coming up, but why do people, predominately staff, have to look at ways around things.

We are supposed to be setting examples to junior cadets, and future staff, constant sniping on work arounds just sets the wrong example.

Come on; letā€™s see what people have to say about doing the right and not constantly looking for alternativesā€¦

4 Likes

People work around because there are so many ā€œrulesā€ which make no sense or are irrelevant. the organisation tries to regulate things that donā€™t need regulating and there will always be resistance to this.

7 Likes