You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

FOI was brought in by Blair’s govrnment as a means of ‘opening up’ the authorities to the light of day.

By using FOIs I found out that I had been lied to, to my face, by certain people.

1 Like

Well since 2019 Cyprus was cancelled I don’t see why people shouldn’t know the reasons, if HQAC was more open and honest maybe people wouldn’t feel the need to put in an FOI to find the truth.

6 Likes

I agree, but you will still get some entitled throbber demanding who won’t trust what they have been told and who will file a FOI.

FoI requests can be quite powerful if the request is phrased carefully enough; they can also be used to establish that there is “zero” information (or action) relating to an issue - this can sometimes be more important than receipt of information.

Still chasing some from the Offensive Weapons Bill action!

2 Likes

I didn’t trust what I was told and the FOI bore that out.

Perhaps you are special though.

Is that meant as a compliment or an insult?

Why not both? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t have enough information about your scenario to make that call, so it is intentionally vague.

What gets my goat is when you get questions like this which quite obviously have Zero information and have cost the MOD money looking into it:

What shoe polish is not allowed to be used in the ACO?
Please give reasons if they are not allowed. Please break it down on a product
by product basis showing only disallowed products but also including the below
listed products:
Morello Futura 2000©
Kiwi Parade Gloss©

What a complete and utter waste of taxpayers money. What really GMG is that it was really well worded and looked like a really good request, other that the complete drivel content.

I assure you it was legitimate, they have in effect closed my old Squadron down into a merger 4 miles away but beforehand never toldte Squadron that there was a CCF CEP unit being formed less than a mile away. Also, there was major conflict of interest between CCF CEP and ATC, which the FOI revealed which was passed to the local MP.

GMG? The horrifically low turn out in our area for the local elections today! And the absolute apathy out on the street - the very same people who are the first to criticize the Council - without realising that today is the day to help shape that same Council!!!

3 Likes

Those people are up there with those who say-

‘Nothing ever changes so I don’t vote because it wouldn’t make a difference’.

Drives me mad! :rage:

3 Likes

Worse still are women who don’t get out to vote, women have died to enable them to get it.

1 Like

Register to do the postal vote - Simples! And with regards to who to vote for…I find a dart board and a few drinks chooses who gets my cross. They are all the bloody same! We need a Jonathan Pie kind of politician but can’t see that ever happening :triumph:

GMGs?

Drivers who rely on their “daylight running lights” to be seen

ok these tend to be LEDs and are bright, but for some these are tiny and not suitable for use in fog - critically these to NOT light up the rear lights, so are only “seen” from the front.
all because their dash board and instrument cluster is lit up all must be well in their world :angry:

1 Like

I don’t get the idea of DLRs on cars, motorbikes yes, cars why?

If it’s poor vis, turn lights on, it worked for years, now we have stupid boy/girl tech.

What is worse though is the idiots who have fog lights on in built up traffic and or when visibility is more than 50ft.

Ultilearn.

As usual

Heres a one that really confuses me MOTs. Ive just put my car through its MOT. Im pleased to say it passed BUT.There were a few advisories.When I compared it to last years the one advisory was the rear discs being pitted and scored.So this year as id not done anything about them I expected that to be flagged up.Well they werent. However the tester did flag up the front discs being pitted and scored!.No mention of the rear discs so have they repaired themselves or do MOT testers just make stuff up to justify their jobs? He also flagged up a tyre which Id had checked at a tyre place a few days before the test and they insisted it was fine.What is going on here?

2 Likes

MOTs have always been like that. I’ve been told similar, done nothing and year later passed without a blink of an eye.
I remember the days when they checked door sills. One place I went to prodded the sill with a screwdriver, made a hole and some welding needed and another just pressed with fingers. I queried it and the bloke said it’s fingers that should be used.
The one thing I will say is extreme wear on the inside of tyres is something I got caught with 10ish years ago; fail on one and a might be good to change the others, why because of bloody “road cushions”. Ever since I’ve slowed and ridden the middle. Probably annoys people behind me, but £240 just on tyres again … no thanks.