You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Why you after a flat?

1 Like

Isnā€™t he going to be a judge? Lots of them get ā€˜postedā€™ miles from home when first appointed so end up living away during the week.

1 Like

Christmas tree is up, i even had to put the exterior lights up. Now being stroppy for the sake of it

Back in the day you could wiggle around the wires in the fittings and either knock out the lights or even all the power. Doesnā€™t work with modern LEDs.

1 Like

Weve all been there, working away from home

Sat outside the treatment room for my 0745 sports massage appointment. 1 min beforehand and the previous client is still sat in there busily talking about her dogs to the therapist.

Shut up and move out, itā€™s my time dammit!

1 Like

GMG. Cadet SNCOs criticising something Iā€™ve put together in front of the rest of the contingent despite having had an opportunity to feedback on it earlier and saying nothing. You can be the only cadet doing something and still people who havenā€™t done anything complain!

1 Like

ā€œIt is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.ā€

ā€”Theodore Roosevelt
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

4 Likes

GMG: The volume of MPs openly calling for the erosion of human rights protections; Iā€™m sure there are probably more thinking it privately too.

The rule of unintended consequences is bound to play out if the government gives itself authority to ignore the law/courts and I wonder who else would be impacted other than their targeted victims.

4 Likes

I always get worried when MP think they know better than the courts. #populism

3 Likes

Legislators write the laws and the judiciary interpret them. The the judiciary interpret laws differently to how the legislators intended (which is ultimately the fault of said legislators for leaving loopholes or ambiguity) then, arguably, the legislators do know the original spirit / intent of the law better than the judiciary.

1 Like

Car shopping with mum (for mum) and the dealer is addressing me with all the techno mumbo jumbo/finance - if he carries on heā€™s loosing a sale :joy:

3 Likes

Once did that with a female friend after she won a decent amount on the football pools in the late 90s

Can still remember the look on the salesmans face when she opened her bag to show him the cash before walking out :joy:

3 Likes

Somehow my events team failed to prepare for a major protest this weekend despite it being obvious it was going to happen.

Outcome Iā€™ve had my day off cancelled at 48 hours notice, not like itā€™s the weekend before Christmas or anything.

1 Like

No mince pies for them then

1 Like

My youngest liking Saag Alooā€¦

Is nothing sacred anymore? Can i not have anything to myself?

2 Likes

The worst part of a curry

2 Likes

Nahhh. A good Saag Aloo makes a curry 10x better!

1 Like

Trusting @AlexCorbin opinion less and less with every revelation!

Next heā€™ll say he also doesnt like Saag Paneer orChilli Paneer!

Or that he doesnt like Chardonnay but likes Chablis :joy:

2 Likes

Saag paneer for me