You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Not with the queues and lack of charging points over the recent bank holiday.

1 Like

Key part of that sentence is ā€œtesla ownersā€.

Bumped into a couple who owned a tesla and had just bought their 2nd electric car, a bmw i think.

They were genuinely struggling with charging it and finding places etc

I hadnt realised until that point how much tesla spoon feeds people. Even though teslas can charge at most CCS points.
The onboard software, seems to take them in preference to tesla sites.
Hence they all bunch up like idiots.
They genuinely hadnā€™t realised or considered what the rest of us scum without teslas do to charge upā€¦ quite funny really.

2 Likes

Do what the guy in the block of flats near me does - dangle a reel of extension lead out of the 2nd floor window, hide it under your car to protect it from the rain.

Works i guess :man_shrugging:

Ideally do it while at work.

4 Likes

My neighbour has an iX5 BMW, he said to me when going on holiday he is going to hire an ICE X5.

My brothers friend got an electric car and lives 10 minutes walk from the townā€™s retail park where there is free charging. He parks up, plugs in, walks home and returns two hours later!

1 Like

Children. They are walking Petri dishes. Youngest has hand foot and mouth. Muggins here never had it as a child so heā€™s sharing the love.
Iā€™ve mostly got the D&V symptoms with only a few spots. Have been having to take tactical breaks in hearings today

It took me months to shake the ulcers

Iā€™ll look forward to that!

Woke up at half 4, couldnā€™t get back to sleep. It got to half 5 so I gave up and sat on my phone in bed. Itā€™s now 6, alarms go off in half an hour and now Iā€™m feeling really tired againā€¦ :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Always the wayā€¦
Similar time. Came downstairs and played halo.

GMG. When your work critical database is down for 3 days because itā€™s been ā€œupgradedā€.

Me thinks said ā€œupgradeā€ has gone wrongā€¦ and nobody is willing to admit it!!

1 Like

Unless itā€™s bespoke and on premise then it shouldnā€™t be more than a couple of hours and overnight job max Expect longer than that, like server/version migration then done on a weekend.

3 days I would say is royally fubarā€™d as they should have been able to roll back quickly in event of an issue :person_facepalming:

1 Like

My 2 kids deciding that they want to party in the early hours, rather than sleep. 2nd night on the goā€¦

Finally got back into my bed at 0600 this morningā€¦ send coffee.

4 Likes

Lovely new year suprise that my usual 0648 train from Winchester to Waterloo has increased in price by 33%!! What a joke.

Welcome to the rat race.

1 Like

I though the price rises were blocked until end of March? Or is that just Season Tickets?

Not sure, i buy tickets ahoc and its jumped over the xmas window :frowning:

Wing mandated a shut down over the Christmas period. Said no cadet activity of any kind.

Wing send out AEF flying allocations (for Feb) during that shut down, requiring names of cadets and accompanying staff to be submitted to them before end of shut down.

Wing seem perturbed and perplexed when we tell them weā€™re unable to give them names because we havenā€™t paraded.

Justā€¦ FFS.

3 Likes