You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

This bit is definitely still mentioned.

Being mentored by RC LASERā€¦so fingers crossed

4 Likes

In all fairness this particular madness seems to be confined to just one region at the moment and hopefully the new RC will be more open to feedback.

After reading through the posts, Iā€™ll just bring this one backā€¦

Night all.

2 Likes

GMG. The stupid queue for the Lego shop. Wrapping around Leicester Square. Stupid tourists. Stupid Christmas.

1 Like

Gmg. Ive given in its so cold ive had to put the fire on.

Has anyone know where i can sell a kidney to fund it?

1 Like

Ermā€¦ amazon?
Avoid it all

Amazon Prime?

2 Likes

Youā€™ll get a better price on Etsy. Can advertise it as a limited edition artisan kidney

2 Likes

Gmg - the weeks ahead at work are chaos so ive had to spend my Saturday evening clearing emails and writing my end of year review.

I know how you feel.

I work Mon to Fri, but Iā€™ve logged in tonight to clear some emails, and submit invoices.

1 Like

Ive taken minimal annual leave so have 2.5 weeks off in Dec, with 5 days on site between now and then so i have zero admin time and a project to close. Sleep is for the weak right?

2 Likes

Sounds grim.

Couriers. Ordered a collection to go out to CZ. Quite clear that it was one pallet and 5 boxes. Theyā€™ve just turned up in an empty lorry expecting 5 pallets. And they canā€™t take un-palatized boxes on their ownā€¦

Itā€™s the closest itā€™s been all week!

-4C. Managed to stack it whilst scraping the ice off the car :sweat_smile:

(This is maybe more of a MML, because I like the cold!)

1 Like

-8 this morning at one point, with the drains in the road steaming from everyoneā€™s hot showers. Donā€™t ever remember it getting that cold round these parts.

Hope only the ego was bruised!

Driving to Tim Hortons to buy some Coffee Beansā€¦ out of stockā€¦ now im sat here in the car park eating my way through more Tim Bits than i should

GMG. Work have changed our expenses system. It now takes 45-60mins LONGER per submission to sort expenses. Thatā€™s 45mins PER PERSON. In an organisation of 1500 people, thatā€™s quite a significant increaseā€¦ but itā€™s OK, apparently weā€™ll just get faster at is as we get used to the system.

The other reason itā€™s OK? Itā€™s saved finance 1 day of work per month. So itā€™s costing the organisation around 1000 hours a month. But saves 1 team 7.24 hours.

Iā€™m guessing the payroll person must be very well paid to offset that massive deficit.

Impact assessment anybody???

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: NYHL 2023