You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

GMG, the SW Region Admin order has reached my wing, what an utter waste of my time for something as simple as going to an external event on a parade night. I’m just duplicating what’s on the SMS event in a longer more repetitive format.

2 Likes

Only 9 months behind the rest of us :wink:

Still waiting for the updated version with all the feedback raised that was promised 2 weeks after it was released.

2 Likes

It’s God awful,

1 Like

I’d like to know which version you have. And whether it is an RAF Aspire unfriendly as the version I saw.

1 Like

Version 3,

I think that’s the one I saw. Which begs the question how bad were V1 and V2?

I think I’ve asked this before, but can you not tailor the hell out of it for simple activities?

The first line says you can add or remove as you see fit. The issue is the people “approving” it expect to see certain things, don’t tell you what or change it regularly without telling you or they choose not to read that first line. So in practice you can’t take bits out. And the idea of giving a standardised document to help ensure everything is in it for approvers and then telling them to add or remove bits renders the whole thing useless.

Don’t forget your designated helicopter landing site, or to separate out any gay cadets and segregate them in the accommodation blocks.

I’m going to use version 6.

It’s basically version 3 but one I’ve edited & re-designated it as the updated template.

Things change so often nobody will know.

2 Likes

Because headshed don’t trust us, so we have to show working.

GMG. XML parse errors.

“Whitespace not permitted in this location. Line 71930, Column 25”

Go to line 71930. It’s only got 9 columns.

Good lord - we transferred into SW this week, hoping that they don’t try to replace our TAF process with this.

I’m hopeful that replacing the previous regional commandant will bear some sensible and practical thinking.

2 Likes

V3 9th Nov 2022 is latest.

It very helpfully doesn’t highlight what has changed, so after generating several in the likeness of the previous version there’s no clue to where “just change the title and dates” isn’t applicable.

I THINK the only key difference is possibly the reference to “all CFAV must be familiar with the EDI as per IBN whatever” (paraphrased).

To me it would make sense to have a function on SMS that creates your admin order and spits it out at the end, based on the information you provide when creating a Bader app. No reason why you couldn’t have a similar function creating a joining instruction. The only issue is whatever is fed into the Bader app needs to make sense. This would standardise admin orders and joining instructions, approvers would see the same format everytime and prevents activity ICs from double inputting information.

Would just need some pre-thought and effort………

Really? I’ve not seen a revised version at all.

Sorry, what?

For their benefit or others…
What a total joke.

Erm… whaaaaat?

That isn’t their intention I don’t doubt, but because of the wording that’s how it reads. And that everyone who isn’t heterosexual or cisgender is a safeguarding issue.

This org just GMG.