You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Tor and VPN :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had similar today. Online, Trainline and EMR - want a train ticket from Southport to Hightown. Canā€™t collect from southport or Hightown, but I can from one if 1700 other stations with a ticket machine. Erm, so I need to get to one of these other stations to collect my ticket how? And do I have to pay for that journey too???

Go north young man, go north. There maybe dragons but theyā€™re friendly ones, well sometimes.

1 Like

You think the south-east and London in particular is civilisation.

Anything south of Birmingham

Iā€™d advise against that. According to the police officers who write the statements in the IIoC cases I do, the only reason anyone could ever want TOR is to download IIoCā€¦ Which is a sound tactic in front of IT illiterate judges.

1 Like

So about 95% then. I see.

1 Like

About that

1 Like

Itā€™s funny because itā€™s true.

1 Like

I remember going to the ideal homes exhibition around 2000 and as I was travelling in a few days a week with work I couldnā€™t resist the urge to look in an estate agents window, nearly had a coronary :laughing:

A friends parents had just bought a 3 storey 3 bed townhouse in the northwest for Ā£56k and the estate agent had literally the exact same spec and size house up for Ā£750k somewhere nearl Earls Court area :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Boss ladies mum bought her house for 90k in 94ā€¦next door with 2 less bedroom just sold for 720kā€¦

And apparently its not difficult for us youngens to get on the ladder

3 Likes

Just cancel Netflix for two months, youā€™ll be fine.

7 Likes

And stop eating avocados

5 Likes

When you want to go and see/hear something amazing but have to go to a stupid wedding and hear people banging on about how much people love each other insteadā€¦

6 Likes

Why not do both? If you donā€™t ask you donā€™t get - they could be willing to change :grin:

Although it adds new meaning to the phrase ā€œshotgun weddingā€ :wink:

3 Likes

GMG. Mobile phone shopping. Urgh.

I live 1 hour 40 by car to the Big Smoke - my Wife being a Laaandoner born and raised.

The journey isnā€™t that far and on a good day quicker than crossing London.

The Mrs is glad she is reformed and accepts that the occasional smell of bovine ā€˜doingsā€™ is better than the smoke of the city.

The fact our gaff is spacious and nice and costs substantially less a month than the W2 2 up, 2 down her parents still live in helps, no doubt.

I confess she struggles with the accent that our little one is developing though :joy:

Best of luck - perhaps a week away living somewhere affordable and attractive as a staycation might help turn the tide?

4 Likes

Anyone else having a lot of Cloudflare issues with Sharepoint recently? Seem to get an error of some kind every 10 clicks or so it seems! GMG!

1 Like

Yeah had it a couple of times today with edge

I think Cloudflare was having an issue today - couldnā€™t book my festival tickets due to a cloudflare error on their site.