You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

The US Supreme Court. SNM.

8 Likes

This is bat poopā€¦

Womens rights banned before AR15s

3 Likes

In America abortions are totally acceptable in every state, however some states just want you to abort it after its been born, thatā€™s what the schools are for!

Obviously Iā€™m being sarcastic, their gun laws are a complete mess; every child and adult killed in school shootings have been massively failed by their government

4 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed:

3 Likes

Actually what it has done is return the question of abortion back to the individual states, therefore to the voters. The voters get the politicians they chose. At least in the UK the issue is above party politics as a ā€˜matter of conscienceā€™ for individual MPs. In the UK in recent years we have had debates about abortion and the reduction in the time limit except in very certain cases to 24 weeks due to the increase in knowledge and technology to allow 24 week plus babies to survive.

Whilst the 1967 Act is to some is appalling, the alternative is far far worse, and more importantly women must have agency over their lives and bodies to their own decisions. I fully support women and their ā€˜right to chooseā€™, Remember in the RAFAC, someone sat next to you could have had to make that choice.

1 Like

No, they donā€™t.

2 Likes

USA claims to be ā€œfreeā€. They incarcerate more of their population than any other country, allow school children to be killed in school and now ban abortion. Itā€™s the least ā€œfreeā€ country I e ever been to. You can be locked up overnight for minor traffic infractions. I laugh when Americans spout their freedom lies.

3 Likes

Well to be fair the same is true here on that one.

One of the biggest issues is that the US has for years required legal decisions by the Supreme Court to amend the constitution through what is caselaw, rather than amending the constitution properly in the same way that countries like Ireland have.

Thatā€™s always put those big decisions on shaky ground as it can always be argued that the Supreme Court has overreached itself by legislating rather than interpreting legislation (which a what itā€™s there for).

The US is an extreme right wing country, which is the mistake people make she trying to put their values onto the UK and vice versa, even the Democrats would be more at home with UKIP than any other British political party,

The real problem with their Constitution is that they view it as a quasi religious document, rather than a working legal one. Other countries regularly retire and revise the whole document as things progress, not the US.

4 Likes

Agreed the 2nd amendment being a prime example, you will regularly hear them saying that you canā€™t change the 2nd amendment, despite the dictionary definition of amendment!

1 Like

They just stopped amending the Constitution in the 90s for some reason - and even then, the 27th was really just a fun little historical tidbit rather than anything people actually wanted to do.

That took over 200 years to have ratified!

My favourite is the 12th, how did they think the original was a good idea?!

Sale of my tickets to RHCP falling through (this morning) because of the need to print the tickets (several emails reminding you that you need to print your tickets)ā€¦

2 hrs before the show, get an email, ā€œYou donā€™t need to print your ticketsā€

Mrs Farmer getting all excited about viewing houses despite all advice pointing towards us not being able to afford an upgrade because sheā€™s a lazy ā€¦ who refuses to work full time. If she agreed to a move out of this hell hole of a place they call London she could have a massive house.

Buy a more expensive house before a possible recession/market crash?!

Sheā€™s ā€œspecialā€

1 Like

I was looking at house prices in places up north. I could live like a king in Nottingham or Newcastle.

2 Likes

My goddaughter lives in Hexham. I wanted to cry when I find out how little her parents paid for essentially the same house as us. Think it was about a quarter or a fifth the price.
My aim is East Yorkshire, will be up there when the youngest moves out, with or without Mrs F

Iā€™ve recently won that battle, got a 3 bed semi instead of a 1 bed flat, if I wasnā€™t so attached to civilisation I could have a palace in Tā€™North.

1 Like

I want a flat near the M25ā€¦but to achieve that i need to access the dark web to sell a kidney

2 Likes