You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Completely forgot she was that.

Well, luckily, even at max take-off weight, we normally didn’t have any performance issues. Only once or twice had to say “unable” for short cuts to make minimum altitude on a departure.

Arrivals? Like Geneva, if a short cut was offered, even when replying “affirmative” on the radio, hand was already pulling the speed brake level to cater for the reduction in track miles / need to haul back the speed. Always mentioned it to new guys on the fleet during arrival briefing for there - this is the special Geneva lever!

1 Like

“Hes going to help her rediscover the meaning of Christmas…”

…yeah i bet… :rofl::joy:

1 Like

The amount of primary posts at national level when most sqns are struggling for staff new document ACP 19 lists 197 primary posts at national & 38 posts at each regional HQ (39 for laser).

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: Review of Established Volunteer Posts

Made a thread for this - Review of Established Volunteer Posts

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Review of Established Volunteer Posts

What a joke.

Never renew with the same company. They’ll nearly always charge you more than a new customer. It’s a scam that preys on people being too lazy to shop around

Yeah, I’m aware. Comparison sites are looking at about £650. Which is still a hell of an increase really. But I have had a crash in the last year. It was no-fault on my part, but still annoying increases the costs!

Funnily though, it does say this in the email:

Also, another GMG straight off the bat. Apparently Amazon’s delivery window now runs until 10PM?! I ordered some stuff yesterday, for delivery today but they’re not even marked as out for delivery yet. Just checked and delivery will be today ‘By 10PM’

Well, I order everything to work, and we leave at 5 :man_facepalming:

The great Consumer Duty - leveller of making everything more expensive. How no-one at the FCA saw this coming is mind boggling (well not that mind boggling but still)

We have a multi-car + other insurance policy with Admiral; just by ‘phoning up, I got several hundred £££ knocked off the renewal quote. It was useful to have comparative figures for individual vehicles to back up my negotiations. Overall, it was cheaper (just ) & easier, than getting cover from a new company (or companies). There is a “best window” to start looking at cheaper prices, about 20-26 days in advance.

From my car having bodywork repair last year, some spare parts are in short supply & prices have gone up by inflation rate, if not more.

We have a multi-car + other insurance policy; just by ‘phoning up, I got several hundred £££ knocked off the renewal quote. It was useful to have comparative figures for individual vehicles to back up my negotiations.

Compared to a few years ago, even a “plastic” bumper is £1K. One of friends driving his one yr old Polestar hit a car ahead at relatively low speed (20-30 mph); his car was a write-off! Can’t remember the value, but at least £25K?

Most insurance companies now use a contracted repair company (cheaper) rather than a main car dealership.

Oh, it’s not just uninsured drivers to worry about on the road affecting your premiums, there are those with no licence / MOT, & probable increase in drug driving.

Hopefully, the increases have peaked.

1 Like

That time will update. Just means it’s not in the van yet, but I’ve had the same status before and the package has arrived around 3-4pm

Guy at the car dealership said most collisions with electric vehicles will now result in a write off because they cant guarantee damage to battery and the replacment cost is more expensive.

Also due to component lead times some insurance companies arent permitting hire car elements to electric vehicle insurance policies. As the lease cost can last several months waiting for the battery to come over from china.

Packages just delivered. No out for delivery notice or anything, just turned up. Can’t complain too much I guess :laughing:

I once had an email from Amazon telling me they were unable to deliver my item and were going to refund me the order.

…I was holding said item about 20min after it had been delivered to me when the email arrived.

have you tested that though?#

i had a similar letter £315 last year, over £500 this year.
I haven’t had chance to look into alternative suppliers yet or to confirm my current can’t beat it as a new customer!

Completed Heat Modules on learn in Feb, showing as not even started today because our elearning seems flakey. Being threatened with suspension if i dont do them again…living the dream