You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

It’s the closest it’s been all week!

-4C. Managed to stack it whilst scraping the ice off the car :sweat_smile:

(This is maybe more of a MML, because I like the cold!)

1 Like

-8 this morning at one point, with the drains in the road steaming from everyone’s hot showers. Don’t ever remember it getting that cold round these parts.

Hope only the ego was bruised!

Driving to Tim Hortons to buy some Coffee Beans… out of stock… now im sat here in the car park eating my way through more Tim Bits than i should

GMG. Work have changed our expenses system. It now takes 45-60mins LONGER per submission to sort expenses. That’s 45mins PER PERSON. In an organisation of 1500 people, that’s quite a significant increase… but it’s OK, apparently we’ll just get faster at is as we get used to the system.

The other reason it’s OK? It’s saved finance 1 day of work per month. So it’s costing the organisation around 1000 hours a month. But saves 1 team 7.24 hours.

I’m guessing the payroll person must be very well paid to offset that massive deficit.

Impact assessment anybody???

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: NYHL 2023

nsfw_rafac has devolved almost completely into a low effort hit campaign.

At this point it’s nothing short of cyber bullying.

3 Likes

Stopped following them a while back.

Glad I did.

2 Likes

Just report for bullying, if a number of accounts do the same in a short while it tends to flag it.

1 Like

I never actually followed that one, because it was very low effort when I looked least time. Seems it’s fully monkey/typewriter now. There are some very funny ones on there, but most are low effort just being offensive.

Lower tier memes for sure.

You would say that Mr vrtmemes

But I agree. Stopped following sometime back now.

I think its Cadet run, theres no savvyness to the memes

So could also be an AWO?

4 Likes

Of the era that AWO was a thing, possibly.

3 Likes

Do AWOs of that era know what Instagram is??

I was thinking about just how much vitriol the commandant gets, is he the most unpopular CAC ever? Babs and Dawn got some stick, but this guy…

I mean, I really dislike the chap, he makes a mockery of everything we teach in leadership, because he demonstrates some really poor qualities in the way he treats his subordinates and how he comports himself.

4 Likes

I’ve mentioned in my squadron staff WhatsApp group why I think the reasoning is.

Unsure about Babs as I was a cadet at the time.

Dawn was an adminer. Arguably the most irritating trade I’ve come across, but that’s not the point.
Her solution to managing risk is to, do what she did in her day job, which is to have a paper trail to document and outline the reasoning why each decision was made.
Not the worst thing in the world… But combine it with volunteers and not paid regulars, it doesn’t really work as intended.
I reckon she tried to apply her full time service with a volunteer organisation. Looks good, doesn’t work.

Keeling tries the same thing. Combines his regular service to RAFAC. He’s already got the bureaucracy that Dawn gave us. But on top of this, he is an engineer. Post Haddon-Cave era engineers are arguably the most risk averse officers within the air force. On a flying squadron the level of risk they hold is stupid. Give that engineer an air rank and put him in charge of cadet gliding, shooting, all those activities that are risk to life… And the guy tries to apply his old work standards, which is a basic full stop to things when something, anything, looks a bit wrong… It’s not going to go well. It’s exactly like grounding a fleet when something such as a lost tool happens. Absolutely the right call on a flying squadron. But a bit of poor weather in one part of the country does not mean full stop else where.

17 Likes

Excellent analysis!

And this where he should believe and trust his RCs, and their subordinates to provide accurate, timely and precise information for those people within each Region.

Whereas, as it stands, CAC says stop and RCs say ‘yes Sir’ :man_shrugging:t2: