Who issues our BTEC's in Aviation Studies?

Basically, In my UCAS application I am adding that I have a BTEC in Aviation Studies. Part of that process is adding in the ‘centre’ where I gained said qualification. Would that just be my squadron? Or would it be wing or something else?

Thanks

does it not say on your certificate?

I haven’t seen one, but on all my qualification certificates it states who issued them

My squadron hasn’t given me mine yet (when I asked they said I could still put it on the application). What does it say on yours if you don’t mind me asking?

I dont have a BTEC it was a general note that I thought they had them printed.

Ah okay well thanks for the help anyway

As per ACTO25, it is a Pearson Edexcel BTEC in Aviation Studies qualification.

HQ RAFAC is the Pearson Edexcel approved centre for the RAF Air Cadets.

2 Likes

Apologies for the old thread but i hit a stumbling block today and wondered if anyone else had the same challenges.

Pearsons the provider are refusing to approve any application for the BTEC unless every single page of the First Class Logbook is uploaded to SMS.

Huge admin issue now :frowning:

So many people signing off without getting their cadets to complete the logbook at all. This move would add a degree of credibility to the BTEC

1 Like

Agreed.

Ball ache though :joy:

1 Like

Gonna hit those sqns who dont teach forst class well or at all HARD.

I know of many units who, since the start of the work book, have basically sacked first class off as it wasnt being tracked.

…closest unit to mine, ‘teaches’ the whole of first class in 2 weeks…
Never been challenged.

Has an ibn been released to this effect? Where is this coming from?

You only need to do it for people who get to the end of the classification syllabus though, and clearly that won’t be every cadet.

3 Likes

Sure.

Im not worried about my unit.
We will cope etc.

But others, its another pieve of admin and IT ability required.
Some units can barely use sms… let alone the concept of scan and uplosd!

Just upload it at the end, the number of Cadets who actually achieve Master is very much a minority.

3 Likes

The RAFAC Training Resource Team have been asked to fast-track an electronic, self marking version of the logbook, which will automatically update a cadets record with no need to send or upload the paper version. We have a meeting with Pearson (the BTEC provider) next week to show them how it works, but are confident they’ll accept this as an alternative method.

It was going to be launched at the same time as Bader Learn, but these latest developments have pushed it forward to the top of the pile for development. Unfortunately, this means it will have to be hosted on Ultilearn as an interim solution.

I’d rather have a hard copy that I upload for those that get to Master, than have a class sat behind laptop screens.

6 Likes

If it comes to it, I’d rather get the whole squadron to resit first class over two nights than spend random evenings throughout the year scanning/photographing each and every page, then uploading them all to SMS… assuming SMS works that night! :wink:

What’s the point of rushing it? Most Cadets only do 1 classification per year so any new version of the book isn’t going to benefit anyone ordering a BTEC for 4 years.

2 Likes

Oh my. This sounds like a right fun fest.

The only possible way I can see this actually being feasible is if all the logbooks are automatically on each cadets cadet portal account. Then they can complete it as we go (sadly behind a laptop screen, if your lucky enough to have enough laptops!) or in their own time.

I will not waste hours of my life scanning in workbook pages for first class, leading and presumably senior/master when we have them.

They’d have to be linked to the cadets account somehow and editable in “real time”…

Is that an ambition?

Still crap though.

2 Likes

It’s just been confirmed on SharePoint . . .
https://rafac.sharepoint.com/sites/CadetTrainingPortal/SitePages/BTEC-submission-update.aspx

Your sqn can afford that many laptops?

1 Like