White Rank tabs for pre-ATF SNCO CFAV

Another incomplete policy announcement just out from HQAC saying

Of course, having come out as HQ-spam from the sharepoint announcements I’m not sure who gets to answer the following questions:

[ol]
[li]Are the white tabs worn instead of the normal rank slides, or with them (as per old usage for 18+ cadets)[/li]
[li]If worn alone, will they have ATC pins in same fashion as current VR(T) use?[/li]
[/ol]

There is now an attachment

[quote]In line with the requirement for VR(T) officers to wear white rank tabs to indicate that they have yet to attend mandated trg at the ATF, wef 1 Jun 13, the same requirement applies to all SNCOs who have yet to complete the requisite ATF course. Formal promulgation will follow in due course but this email, which supports emerging recommendations from the CFAV T&C Review, is the authority to be quoted. It is strongly recommended that all new SNCOs apply for places on the ATF course as soon as possible and no later than 12 months after assuming the rank. Failure to complete the ATF trg course within the 12 months without reasonable excuse will lead to loss of rank.
D

Dawn McCafferty
Air Cdre
Comdt ACO
[/quote]

Doesn’t answer the questions you pose sadly.

You missed out:

1. What is a SNOC?

I suppose in some way this will push people to actually get on the course and gain their rank tabs, I know of a few people down this way who managed to get several years in before they were told to go!

Can we just email sqnldrcb to clarify? Or can someone ask a WgExO to email them to clarify? You can get their email by searching the worldwide bader address book. I would email mine, but he’s on leave.

Personally, I think we should issue the gilt metal Sgt stripes like PTIs and Chefs wear. Then put them on white stripes. That’d look snazzy.

We have to wear below until we have passed our AIC course in the army cadets.

We are then presented with our Sgt stripes when we pass out on the last day of our AIC course,i would imagine the new rules will follow this.

What’s the panic?

Chill out everyone.

It’s not a bad thing, brings the SNCO cadre into line with the VRT cadre, the start of their positions merging potentially, this doesn’t take effect for a week, which will allow for more information to be pushed out. But it won’t start to happen until the white tabs are available to SNCOs. The only difference is that the RAF understand officer cadets, butr not these white tabbed SNCOs

[quote=“Operation Nimrod” post=7641]What’s the panic?

Chill out everyone.[/quote]
Just so long as “in due course” happens in the next week or so and contains better information, or we’ll be left again with a policy in force and not enough information to implement it properly.

[quote=“incubus” post=7643][quote=“Operation Nimrod” post=7641]What’s the panic?

Chill out everyone.[/quote]
Just so long as “in due course” happens in the next week or so and contains better information, or we’ll be left again with a policy in force and not enough information to implement it properly.[/quote]

And who’s problem will it be? Yours? No. HQACs? Yes.

Learn to be more worried about things that are more important such as committee’s diddling Sqn funds and the reduction in PTDs.

To be fair, it is a WWO’s problem if people keep asking him what the dress regs are for pre-SSIC Sergeants and he has to reply with ‘dunno’.

In part, yes because people will expect me to know all bout this new rank insignia and how it is meant to be worn. No different from the current brassard regs I suppose but it would be nice to have detailed information prior to an adoption date for once.

[quote=“Operation Nimrod” post=7644]Learn to be more worried about things that are more important such as committee’s diddling Sqn funds[/quote]I’m not worried about that because it isn’t happening to my squadron at the moment and I don’t need to be able to advise on it. If I were the wing chairman or treasurer however…

[quote=“Operation Nimrod” post=7644]and the reduction in PTDs.[/quote]Concerns me not. It seems like a good way to trim the costs and if we are to get PTDs I am fully in favour of a flat rate across all ranks.

Maybe not, but when you are put in legal control of your Sqn finances…

Sorry, i should know better. Thread derail!

Anyway, about these white tabs.

[quote=“Operation Nimrod” post=7647]Maybe not, but when you are put in legal control of your Sqn finances…[/quote]I am very unlikely to be put in legal control of my squadron’s finances - MOD only trusts officers.

I thought the unoffoicial motto of the MOD (and ACO for that matter) was “Trust No One”…

I hope this means that ATF aren’t going to cancel courses at the drop of the hat, as has happened to 2 out of my 3 SNCOs who then had to book another week off work.
I do wonder if these people ever poke their heads out of the HQAC/ATF Ivory Tower to get an idea of the real world and the chaos a cancelled course can create for people.

I hope this means that ATF aren’t going to cancel courses at the drop of the hat, as has happened to 2 out of my 3 SNCOs who then had to book another week off work.
I do wonder if these people ever poke their heads out of the HQAC/ATF Ivory Tower to get an idea of the real world and the chaos a cancelled course can create for people.[/quote]

You can’t run a course with two attendees on it. Nor can you run a course with no DS (approved leave & sick & bereavement). Of course this never happens in the real world does it.

[quote=“Operation Nimrod” post=7660]

You can’t run a course with two attendees on it. [/quote]

Why not? It would save the attendees having to book on another course and the DS would be running the course anyway so it’s no inconvenience for them, they’ll just get a shorter week!

[quote=“timmyrah” post=7661][quote=“Operation Nimrod” post=7660]

You can’t run a course with two attendees on it. [/quote]

Why not? It would save the attendees having to book on another course and the DS would be running the course anyway so it’s no inconvenience for them, they’ll just get a shorter week![/quote]

Been on a course recently? Think about the practical elements.

Errr yes because I have been on one for work and run one at work, with only 2 attendees. The former, the 2 of us were contacted and because it was the only other course of it’s type being run that year, we said yes. The company concerned cancelled the venue, (although we still stayed there) and we did it in the company’s offices, which actually worked to our advantage as we had better access to IT and the company’s resources. The one I was involved in running was due to the fact we had already purchased and prepared materials, which would have meant money being wasted.
As for sickness/bereavement the others get on with it, it’s what they’re being paid to do FGS. I’m sure they could draft someone in last minute it need be.
The fact that ATF and others in the ATC bin courses purely due to lack of numbers, highlights the lack of respect extended to those expecting to attend.