What pouches do you need for you webbing

And the RAF are renowned for their expert in the field…

The webbing and quality of soldering is so bad in the RAF, even the RAF regiment take the Mickey…

Assault Vests are actually pretty handy bits of kit, depending on the context. There’s times I would prefer a vest to a webbing, or even a chest rig.

I’m not sure the brand of the cadet vests but they look similar to the bog standard issue ones. If you struggle to fit the mags in, cut the dividers in the pouch. Or cut the entire ammo pouch off and plastic tie a PLCE mag pouch to it.

Hi all I have recently got some Osprey kit given to me by a mate and was wondering if it is ok to use with cadet I am ATC and pouches I have are 3 utility 1 double mag 1 sharp shooter 2 single mag all are Osprey and obviously the Molle belt and virtus style 3 point yoke

You should be able to use it (assuming it’s MTP/DPM), but you’ll need to take some pouches off.

Current policy (ACFTI1) is that webbing is to have the following maximum configuration:

• Belt
  • Yoke
  • 2x ammunition pouch (I read that as 1 double)
  • 3x utility pouch
  • 1x water bottle pouch

One double mag, two utility, and a daysack full of punctuation.

3 Likes

I sincerely hope there are no pedants stripping out water bottle pouches because they aren’t utility pouches.

3 Likes

Let me get this straight…

If I rock up with two water bottle pouches and two utility pouches, you would take my water bottle pouch off me?

2 Likes

The utility pouches are 1 water bottle pouch 1lmg 100 and ugl 8 round

The rules weren’t written with Osprey in mind. The rega are for PLCE.

The Osprey Utility pouches should be called futility pouches. They are useless as they are too small for anything useful, I wouldn’t use them.

For Osprey pouches, I would argue that Water Bottle Pouches and LMG pouches do the same job.

By the way, you won’t get away with using an Osprey plate carrier. You will need a battle belt and yoke.

3 Likes

Quote of the day

1 Like

I have the battle belt I Just wondering would it be better if I got a double mag from eBay and sold my Osprey ones like these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264353360766

No. Not on my watch anyway.

1 Like

For PLCE I’d read the ammo pouches as a double on each side, the singles are rare and putting a double on one side and utility on the front is possible but not comfortable in the prone position. A lot of regulars cut the attachment points off the utility anyway.

Stick with one attachment system. If you have two singles, you have one double.

1 Like

That sounds ok. I’d put the double mag on the left and sharpshooter on the right - maybe with one single mag, you won’t be overloading it as the Osprey pouches are smaller than PLCE. If your local Fieldcraft instructor is very strict and says take the extra mag pouch off, just do so.

Your utility pouches are fine but you need a water bottle pouch, a ‘58’ pattern water bottle won’t go in the Osprey utility ones. It should go in the LMG pouch, but I’ll check later. Otherwise there are lots of molle canteen pouches out there.

If you can get a 6 point PLCE yoke you can fit D rings on your battle belt and it will be more stable and comfortable than the one you have, which is designed for use with body armour. You can pick up a PLCE yoke (main webbing not side pouches) for about a fiver.

I have got my 58 water bottle fits in the water bottle pouch which I have

Sorry - I misunderstood. I wouldn’t know the difference tbh, so would be quite happy…

My brain wasn’t working this morning. Some might argue it rarely does :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You didn’t say you had a water bottle pouch, good drills crack on!

Oh I thought I did but I do and it has my mess tins in as they don’t fit very well in one of the others

Small mess tin in webbing big one in day sack or Bergan?