What pouches do you need for you webbing

If you do want to get your own webbing get an issued PLCE set. DPM is now quite cheap on eBay. Beware of non issue webbing copies especially with pouches sewn on to the belt, they’re just not as strong and they have different buckles for the pouches.
You need 2x ammo pouches - these likely will be doubles - one utility and one canteen/water bottle. If you find a set that’s a good price but has more, don’t worry you can take them off!

1 Like

Not always true, the likes of Hamilton textiles and JayJays are stronger, better designed and a lot more comfortable to wear compared to PLCE. I accept some of the Kombat copies etc can be ropey with the sewn on pouches though.

True though it would be a lucky Cadet who gets a set from JayJays or Dixie’s.

1 Like

Does the above policy apply to CFAV’s too? I’m rather fond of my comfortably fitting webbing and would much prefer to wear that over a vest…

I think believe so

We ‘acquired’ one cadet training vest and a lot of our Cadets would struggle to fit in it, let alone CFAV.
The caveat that properly fitted webbing can be worn applies.
And no-one is going to count pouches on staff’s webbing. As an ECO I might have a quiet word if they look obviously overloaded, but otherwise it’s down to common sense.

CFAVs can do as they please.

1 Like

Virtus for all then!

You dealt with HQ before?

HQ can kiss my behind or reimburse me for the kit I’ve already purchased.

3 Likes

How is the sizing? I’m considering putting it to a shopping list for a grant as I’m not going to spend existing Sqn funds on it, but if it’s not even worth someone else’s then I’ll take a different route…

Theres 30 avaliable at region for rental I believe (well there is in SW anyways)

1 Like

The one we have is tight on a grownup and larger Cadets, but there are different variants from different manufacturers.
The DPM assault vests originally issued to the ACF are actually ok as they came from the Regulars’ inventory.
My reservation with all the assault vests is the weight isn’t transferred to the hips as it is with a belt kit, but is mostly carried on the shoulders. The taller you are the worse it is.

Yeah… I’d rather not use anything than waste time and money driving to Devizes twice…

3 Likes

True that it’s a trek for me and I’m in that wing

My thought too - especially when you add the bergen on as well. I wonder if something somewhere has led to a desire to avoid that for adolescents - although I can’t imagine overloading shoulders is great either…

Truthfully, it’s better to hear that they are tight than saggy. Chubsters and giraffes will have to make do with our DPM Webbing stock under the PLCE caveat.

The flip side is they will be saggy on a small Cadet as the vest has adjustable straps but the size of the fabric parts and the arrangement of pouches is fixed.
Convenience might have been one factor in deploying them though, as they are a bit easier to set up.

Just get some webbing instead, much better value.

Isn’t it amazing that a ‘central’ location in the Region, like Devices, is nowhere near ANYONE?

3 Likes

I don’t know, it’s very near to me!