What are you watching?

Such a tool exists. That is all I will put on a public forum.

What should I avoid searching for, to make sure I don’t download it by accident?

4 Likes

Are you claiming that Avery Brooks, holder of the William Shakespeare award for classical theatre can’t act?!

1 Like

lower-decks-lower-decks-ensign-beckett-mariner

Season finale!

1 Like

Yes.

I’ve used the 2 hours my newborn decided she wanted to stay awake tonight to watch Way of the Warrior, still one of the best DS9 episodes.

Especially Sisko and Gowron’s showdown.

2 Likes

I always loved that callback to the first two episodes where Kira did use the Thoron fields and Duranium shadows to pretend they had 5,000 proton torpedoes.
As well as all the callbacks to never playing poker with Kira.

2 Likes

It’s well known that ease of access through reasonable paid or ad supported methods decreased piracy in the past - the likes of Spotify for music, Steam for games, Netflix for films and archived TV.

Some are now realising that the costs involved are too great to stand alone on your own platform with only your own material - some that pulled out of 3rd party services are considering going back to that. Or, in the case of Disney (probably the most likely to weather the storm) just buy them.

Netflix, prior to competition, got itself in a position where it was thought of akin to a utility bill.

But all these services splitting content up (harder to access) and requiring separate subscriptions (more expensive, and only going to increase as all these services go from audience acquisition to profit models) are turning the tide back.

The majority would rather pay for safe, quality content, but it has to be good value.

The issue is that competition is good, but splitting the audience is bad. It needs diversification and less exclusive licensing across a few services, then USPs and KSPs for quality, provider original content, ease of use, support, price, etc. Anything not an in-house production needs to be available across all services.

2 Likes

I’ve just finished watching The Detectives: Taking Down an OCG. Fascinating look at the real life investigation into organised crime in Rochdale, but I’ve no idea how the corrupt police officer got away with no sanction after her arrest, considering what the evidence was.

Well this week has been Star Trek Lower Decks Finale and Loki Season 2 Episode 5.

Both very good episodes, loved us getting a short look at animated Starfleet Academy and it kept me hooked all the way through but I won’t say more than that for those who haven’t watched yet. Sad we have no more Star Trek till 2024 now. Though I may rewatch Prodigy Season 1 when it hit’s Netflix.

Loki was great this week and definitely is getting me excited for the season finale next week and what the ramifications of that finale could be for the wider MCU (not that I’m keeping as up with that now). Also the score this whole season has been great so shout out to Natalie Holt for that.

1 Like

Introducing the kids to Chicken Run. Accompanied by homemade Ragu pizza and garlic bread

Whats ragu pizza?

Also, just in time for Chicken Run 2 in a month

1 Like

Sounds like a pizza with Bolognese on top?

1 Like

Exactly.

Just reminded me I am quite far through a rewatch of VOY. Need to finish that before I do my DS9 rewatch :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just come on from a lovely meal out & blankety blanks on the tele.

Something reassuring of its almost deliberately naff prizes & tone. Would probably make a good game with cadets…

Also got Vorders & Johnny Vegas this week.

Legendary sleaze

I’ve just watched it, quite interesting in an area I don’t know that well. (I’ve done a lot of doors over the years, but never been interested in complex investigations that take over your life).

Suprised she didn’t get anything, I can understand the NFA by the CPS, they aren’t called Couldn’t Prosecute Satan for no reason. But at the very least I would’ve expected a Misconduct hearing if not Gross Misconduct.

1 Like

Which has never happened, are they still employed as a PC in the GMP, a force that has been for a long time in special measures.

1 Like

Pretty sure it would’ve met the IOPC threshold for a referral.

2 Likes